What is this technique called?

Old May 29th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default What is this technique called?

Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps. The scraps were like confetti and were attached to a base and
covered with netting I think. Maybe fusible was involved. Some of the
pictures were realistic, such as trees and others were more stylized like
mosaic design. Can anyone recall what this is called? I'd like to play with
it a bit, but need the name to do a search.

Thanks, Pat in Virginia

Old May 29th 10, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_2_]

On 29/05/2010 22:49, Pat in Virginia wrote:
Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures'
using tiny scraps. The scraps were like confetti and were attached to a
base and covered with netting I think. Maybe fusible was involved. Some
of the pictures were realistic, such as trees and others were more
stylized like mosaic design. Can anyone recall what this is called? I'd
like to play with it a bit, but need the name to do a search.

Thanks, Pat in Virginia

There was a book called "Piecelique" as a take off from the word
applique. I have no idea if this was the name of the technique, or just
the name of this specific book.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old May 30th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

On May 29, 10:49*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps. The scraps were like confetti and were attached to a base and
covered with netting I think. Maybe fusible was involved. Some of the
pictures were realistic, such as trees and others were more stylized like
mosaic design. Can anyone recall what this is called? I'd like to play with
it a bit, but need the name to do a search.

Thanks, Pat in Virginia

After running though my book cases only twice, I found my book on
this:

More Snippet Sensations but Cindy Walter

This one involved fusible, remove the backing paper, then snip and let
fall into place. Press according to instructions and stitch on top.

I was going to says "snippets" even if I hadn't found my book, but I
guess now you'd all not ever believe that...

Hanne in DK

Old May 30th 10, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I wonder that something like that would produce a Monet look - up
close just color change but further away it would be a definite
design.

Ginger in CA

Old May 30th 10, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5yA...eature=related

Roberta in D

Old May 30th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lyn5

On May 29, 4:49*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps.

Snippets it is--------and yes it would sort of look like a Monet. Have
done a little and it is fun--make sure you tear off the fusible paper
BEFORE cutting all the tiny snippets lol

lyn
Old May 30th 10, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:49:45 -0500, Pat in Virginia wrote
(in article ):

Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps. The scraps were like confetti and were attached to a base and
covered with netting I think. Maybe fusible was involved. Some of the
pictures were realistic, such as trees and others were more stylized like
mosaic design. Can anyone recall what this is called? I'd like to play with
it a bit, but need the name to do a search.

Thanks, Pat in Virginia

Snippit quilts? Maybe. A couple of people in my guild made them like crazy
for awhile.

Maureen

Old May 30th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Are you looking for Tammie Bowser and her technique with the pixels? She
has a couple of books and a computer program.
She did a lecture at guild last month and her work is really amazing. If I
wasn't so cheap I would have bought the program.
Taria
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps. The scraps were like confetti and were attached to a base and
covered with netting I think. Maybe fusible was involved. Some of the
pictures were realistic, such as trees and others were more stylized like
mosaic design. Can anyone recall what this is called? I'd like to play
with it a bit, but need the name to do a search.

Thanks, Pat in Virginia

OT My mom just called! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 16 January 10th 08 01:36 PM
What's It Called? Sharon Quilting 10 July 7th 07 03:04 AM
What's it called??? Bill Glass 7 March 10th 07 07:01 AM
what are these called? Cindi Beads 3 May 6th 06 05:09 PM
what are these called? Cindi Beads 0 April 21st 06 12:45 AM