Books to offer

Old June 17th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Books to offer

I have the following titles that I have thinned from my book stash. Mostly
older books, some to do with sewing in general... aw heck, how 'bout I just
list them and you all just sing out if you want one, okay?

The New Quilting and Patchwork Dictionary by Rhoda Ochser Goldberg, pub 1988

The 1963 edition of the McCall's Sewing Book

Stitch Something Special by Jean Gilles, pub 1985 (Cute little projects from
scraps, like pillows and stuffed toys)

A little Fons and Porter leaflet, Success With Thread

Better Homes and Gardens Tailoring Suits and Coats, pub 1966

1001 Patchwork Designs by Maggie Malone, pub 1984

And last, but not least, the Premiere edition of Better Homes and Gardens
Our Best Quilts, 2005 (Thought it was a magazine, imagine my surprise when
the total at the counter was $14.95! ;-)

So, there's the list, let me know if you want one..or more...

Debi (now going back to dig through the magazines...)

Old June 18th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The following are still in need of homes. Nothing to send, no trade
required, just a happy home for my old friends ;-)

The 1963 edition of the McCall's Sewing Book

Stitch Something Special by Jean Gilles, pub 1985 (Cute little projects
from scraps, like pillows and stuffed toys)

A little Fons and Porter leaflet, Success With Thread

Better Homes and Gardens Tailoring Suits and Coats, pub 1966

Debi (finally starting on the magazines...)

Old June 18th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Debi Matlack" wrote in message

Another one off to a new home...

The following are still in need of homes. Nothing to send, no trade
required, just a happy home for my old friends ;-)

The 1963 edition of the McCall's Sewing Book

A little Fons and Porter leaflet, Success With Thread

Better Homes and Gardens Tailoring Suits and Coats, pub 1966

Debi (still working on the magazines...)

Old June 18th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've started donating quilt books I don't want to our library. I don't
think they'll add them to the shelves (plenty there already), but maybe
they'll end up at the annual book sale. Of course, the funny part will
be when I buy them, not realizing I donated them.

Lynn

Old June 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL, that's where a few of these books came from. Gainesville's Friends of
the Library have two HUGE sales every years and I have to go every time. In
my little town, they're building a new library (two blocks away! Hooray!)
but they don't have a books sale that I know of. If they do, then I'll be
there!
Debi (loves books....)

oups.com...

Old June 18th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In my county, we have two libraries. The
older one has a couple sales per year.
The newer one is only about 2.5 miles
from my house. It was built a few years
ago with a small 'Friends of the
Library' room, so it has a permanent
sale! Volunteers keep it neat, and price
the books. Buyers just pay at the
Circulation Desk. So convenient. Yes,
I've found some quilty stuff there!
PAT, active library patron for more
years than I care to announce

CRAFT ART BOOKS old books Marketplace 0 January 11th 06 01:39 PM
CRAFT ART BOOKS old books Marketplace 0 January 11th 06 01:39 PM
CRAFT ART BOOKS old books Marketplace 0 November 17th 05 02:43 PM
CRAFT ART BOOKS old books Marketplace 0 October 29th 05 08:10 AM