Nice things to say about Big Horn Quilts

Old April 21st 04, 06:01 PM
ginmaru

Default Nice things to say about Big Horn Quilts

I was trying to find backing fabric for my Mom's quilt at the LQS and
just could not find anything I liked so I started poking around on the
internet. To my amazement I found two fabrics that I liked at Big Horn
Quilts but wasn't sure which one I wanted. When I called after work, a
very nice woman picked up and started by asking me what the quilt was,
who it was for, and what fabrics was I using in the quilt. After we
discussed the quilt in detail, she suggested one fabric over the
other.

When I got it in the mail two days later, the backing fabric was
perfect! Not only did the colors really blend with the quilt but I saw
on my receipt to make sure Julie was notified if there was not a full
8 yrds of fabric. Turns out I got the owner on the phone!

Very happy with my fabric, the order, and the especially nice customer
service.

Ginny
Old April 21st 04, 10:38 PM
Judy Kerr

I've experience the same great service. Big Horn is always my first stop for
fabric.

Judy in UK
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"ginmaru" wrote in message
m...

snip

Old April 22nd 04, 03:34 AM
Melissa in NJ

I only order from Big Horn (nayy) for my One-to-One swaps...so anyone who
draws me as their swappee gets fabric from them. They are the best!!!!

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply
--

"Judy Kerr" wrote in message
I've experience the same great service. Big Horn is always my first stop for
fabric.

Judy in UK
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"ginmaru" wrote in message
m...

snip

Old April 22nd 04, 02:03 PM
hellofromsmd

I have been really pleased with Big Horn (I'm NAYY). I recently
placed and order there and not only was there a great selection, the
prices were good and the shipping was SO FAST! When I saw a package
on my doorstep I didn't dream it could be my fabric already. My
latest project got a happy little boost when the Big Horn order
arrived : )
Old April 23rd 04, 12:52 AM
Mardi

On 21 Apr 2004 10:01:36 -0700, (ginmaru) wrote:

[...]

My only problem with Big Horn is that they refuse to ship any way but
UPS. And for me that is a "slow boat to china". I have never had a
Big Horn order get to me in less than 8 days! I love fabric shops
that send fabric USPS Priority Mail. For the most part it's cheaper
than UPS. I'm not sure why Big Horn won't ship USPS.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page:
http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old April 23rd 04, 03:01 PM
ginmaru

My only problem with Big Horn is that they refuse to ship any way but
UPS. And for me that is a "slow boat to china". I have never had a
Big Horn order get to me in less than 8 days! I love fabric shops
that send fabric USPS Priority Mail. For the most part it's cheaper
than UPS. I'm not sure why Big Horn won't ship USPS.

Mardi

I am sorry to hear that it takes so long for UPS to get to you. As for
only shipping UPS, it is probably easier for them to have the driver
pick up orders every day. In order to use the post office, they would
have to make a trip. Plus UPS automatically insures packages and you
have to purchase it seperately from USPS.

Speed does make a difference. I love this one particular shop but the
lady works alone and it can take forever for a package to arrive. But
I like her and her prices are very good. I just have to buy from her
when I am not dying for a fabric fix.

Ginny, whose Mom's birthday is today! I will let you know how she
likes her quilt.
Old April 23rd 04, 11:44 PM
Butterfly

She is __just__ getting back into the swing of things after having double
knee replacements.
HTH
Butterfly