dk yarn

Old October 14th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Default dk yarn

I'm trying to find a good source for double knit yarn for toys. Since most
of the toys are done with many colors of yarn, I'm going to need a lot of
colors. The good thing is that these are all small bits of color, so I
don't need much. Kind of makes it seem a waste to buy a bunch of skeins
that I only need a couple yards of per project.

Anyone know a good source?

Old October 15th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:58:08 GMT, "Mystified One"
wrote:

I'm trying to find a good source for double knit yarn for toys. Since most
of the toys are done with many colors of yarn, I'm going to need a lot of
colors. The good thing is that these are all small bits of color, so I
don't need much. Kind of makes it seem a waste to buy a bunch of skeins
that I only need a couple yards of per project.

Anyone know a good source?

Someone here recommended this site when I asked for a source when a
friend wanted more colors of Plymouth Encore DK than our local store
carried:

http://www.yarnbarn-ks.com/products....on=&sort_b y=

It looks like they have 30 or so colors from pastels, to brights, to
earth tones.

Leah
Old October 15th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a good source for double knit yarn for toys. Since

most
of the toys are done with many colors of yarn, I'm going to need a lot of
colors. The good thing is that these are all small bits of color, so I
don't need much. Kind of makes it seem a waste to buy a bunch of skeins
that I only need a couple yards of per project.

Anyone know a good source?

Patons Astra is a DK yarn in many colours. I'll bet Michael's and some of
the other big stores carry it. I don't think it's all that expensive either.

Shelagh