My day at the jewelry trade show

Old June 14th 04, 01:46 AM
Bungadora

Default My day at the jewelry trade show

I was going to title this 'No longer a bead show virgin', but I still only feel
like I was felt up.

However, it was interesting. It was a very small trade show, and not very well
attended as far as I could tell. I didn't see any lampwork! Lots of people
selling jewelry they had made themselves, but mostly fresh water pearls,
crystals and cabachons set into silver. There was a lot of imported jewelry.

My boss drove me nuts. All day we had conversations like this:
Him: "Which one do you like, this one or this one" (A) or (B)
Me: "I like this one" (B)
Him: "Do you like this one or this one?" (A) or (B)
Me: "I like this one" (B)
Him: "Do you like this one?" (C)
Me: "I like this one" (B)
Him "I think I'll buy this one." (C)

Then he told me to pick out all the sterling silver. Buy whatever I want. Then
he returned most of it, in three different trips back to the same table. I got
my wire though, and got some coral put on to the order for myself. I didn't
have any money with me so I wouldn't go nuts. I'm hoping I can buy some of the
silver from my boss. Most of it was just basic stuff, like headpins and
spacers.

I won't even go into finding a parking spot or the car afterwards.

I'm almost finished my second cup of coffee since coming back home, and happy
to be working on a beaded bead. For all of this jewelry business, I still like
doing the things that are least financially remunerative the most.

Dora

Old June 14th 04, 03:35 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

I'm almost finished my second cup of coffee since coming back home, and
happy
to be working on a beaded bead. For all of this jewelry business, I still

like
doing the things that are least financially remunerative the most.

Dora

LOL So do I! Why is that do you reckon?
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBead Auctions
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
PayPal Merchant Account
https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=7XJ98L86Z7S2C

Old June 14th 04, 06:54 AM
Christina Peterson

I went along to a trade show for the store I managed with the owner. I was
surprised at how fun it was not.

Tina

"Bungadora" wrote in message
[...]

ONE OF A KIND JEWELRY INTRODUCTION. alia Beads 8 November 7th 05 04:04 PM
National Gem and Jewelry Show JL Paules Beads 0 May 5th 04 12:53 AM
DIY Jewelry Show? Tink Beads 4 December 20th 03 07:15 AM
Lark Books Call For Artists: Found Object Jewelry Tink Beads 0 October 21st 03 11:35 PM
Air Show Steve & Susan Wright Beads 0 July 18th 03 01:49 PM