TIDBITS 02/20/05

Old February 20th 05, 02:53 AM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 02/20/05

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Tidbits may be reprinted without charge --
with attribution. Additionally, if you know of anyone who you think
would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us. URL
(http://www.tyler-adam.com). We encourage you to forward
this email to friends and colleagues.
======================================

Opaline Biblical Matrix Elder.

Matrix: Etymologically speaking: Uterus. Place or medium of
production. To extrapolate a tad: Matron. Matron/Matrix. Yeah yeah.
It's a stretch .
I know.

As far as Random House is concerned: That which gives origin or form
to a thing. That said ... shall we proceed dear souls?

It ain't never no accident--for thems wot enjoys decimating the
English language for the sheer delight of it all--when a man sits
himself down and decides one day to become a jeweler and then rises to
heights most never achieve.

And so I present Mr. Pierre Sterlé ... born in Alsace, France, in
1905: A jeweler who first opened his business in 1934 on Rue Sainte
Anne.

Other than the above ... my knowledge of the man occupies about as
much space as does a fleck of dust as it meanders about in the center
of the universe in search of fellow flecks ... except, that is, for a
creation of his which I find rather striking.

Which brings us--via arcane routings--to that most puzzling of
questions: What is a Biblical Elder? Is it someone who has aged whilst
slumped over one or both of the world's great books ... aging aging
till his beard reached his chest all the while trying to divine the
meaning of each word and nuance of old and new testaments? Or is it
just a man ... who lived during those ancient historical times ... and
aged during the great writings? Or ... is a Biblical Elder an
important personage mentioned in one of the great tomes ... a
patriarch of sorts ... a man who brought enlightenment to his people.
Or does Biblical Elder refer not to one who is in the bible ... but to
one who has been left out? Or is he all four? Or is he none of the
above? Methinks we live in a world of too many choices. You look at
the image you're soon to look at ... and you tell me.

And so we arrive--quaintly enough--to our biblical matrix elder ...
carved from an opal by a talented jeweler named Sterlé. It's a looker
my friends. Bearded bloke. Golden rope work collar. Head-dress with
flexible angel-string (fil d'ange) tassel. Could be anybody. Who do
You think it is?

For those of you who are new to this thing called
Tidbits...may I direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where
you will scroll down the left side menu till you get to the area that
says Tidbits Graphics ... and then click on the link that says:
MatrixMan ... in order to view a carved opal of a Biblical Elder.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our
home page. All rights reserved.

TIDBITS 02/20/05 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 February 20th 05 02:53 AM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark General Crafting 0 October 24th 04 09:29 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Marketplace 0 October 24th 04 09:28 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark General Crafting 0 July 13th 03 11:01 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 July 13th 03 11:00 PM