Yes, the backing matters

Old October 14th 04, 05:20 AM
Polly Esther

Default Yes, the backing matters

Yesterday was my birthday. Nevermind singing. I heard enough. Trust me.
But - I must tell you about the grandest birthday card. Our niece has the
first baby in the family in sixteen years. Naturally, I made her two crib
quilts and dozens of other little things.
Niece sent me 4 pictures. One with baby sitting up with a "Happy
Birthday, Aunt Polly" note behind her. In the next picture, the note is in
baby's chubby little hands. Next picture, the note is considerably crumpled.
The 4th picture has the happy birthday message being slobbered on and
chewed.
I wanted you with babies to know how to do a priceless thank you note.
That one just can't be beat.
And, I started out here to mention that the baby was on a quilt from
Great Aunt Polly. Not on the quilt top that shows off my exquisite skill and
labor of love, oh mercy no. Baby loves the back the best. Maybe that says
something about my quilting ability. I hope it just tells you that the
backing really does matter. Polly

Old October 14th 04, 06:04 AM
maryd

Ok, so when do we get to see this fabulous baby and the quilt? oh, and BTW,
Happy Birthday, Polly.

--
Mary
ink.net...

Old October 14th 04, 12:28 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Too sweet! That's one thoughtful Niece, Polly. I quit making for mine
because they don't seem to appreciate the quilts a bit.

I don't know about elsewhere, but the little ones in Minnesota seem to love
flannel backs on their quilts.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old October 14th 04, 01:07 PM
Diana Curtis

Happy Birthday Polly!
That niece of yours is a sweet and thoughtful one, for sure.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old October 14th 04, 05:28 PM
Butterfly

Glad to hear you had a Happy Birthday.
Happy Returns for many more
Butterfly

Old October 14th 04, 06:25 PM
Sandy Foster

In article . net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

Polly, how do you manage to come up with all of these things that keep
us laughing and smiling?? This is just *precious*!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old October 14th 04, 08:54 PM
Polly Esther

"Sandy Foster" wrote Polly, how do you manage to come up with all of these
things that keep
us laughing and smiling?? This is just *precious*!
--

Well, you see, Sandy. I'm teaching quilting now. Only one student and I
truly did not volunteer. She was just hopelessly addicted at the very start.

Old October 14th 04, 09:02 PM
Sandy Foster

In article . net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

I rest my case! LOL!
Old October 15th 04, 02:30 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Happy Birthday all week long; celebrate for at least a week, Polly!

Ragmop/Sandy--enjoying your quilting story ;-)

Old October 15th 04, 03:40 AM
Polly Esther

Thank you, Sandy, I still haven't even bought my birthday present. You may
remember that DH is the one that buys me outboard motors and chrome tool
boxes that fit *his* truck . . . unless I choose something myself. I really
do need to get busy with that. Polly

m...

pieced backing Ann Quilting 8 April 13th 04 01:35 AM
backing sandra Quilting 2 February 8th 04 05:22 AM
Backing problem solved! AliceW Quilting 4 January 21st 04 12:29 AM
backing oops - help! Ann Adamson Quilting 19 January 18th 04 11:54 PM
"Quilt" no backing? Joy Quilts Quilting 0 July 10th 03 09:18 PM