lost hug quilt

Old July 12th 03, 11:50 PM
KCK

Oh, Marijke, I'm sorry this happened. I'll keep my fingers crossed that
the PO finds the quilt. Keep in mind that delayed/lost have been
reported to show up.

This is a good reminder for the rest of us to spend that little extra
time and expense on shipping our treasured gifts.

I've always felt a bit paranoid when it comes time to ship a quilt (and
since I don't finish a quilt that often, I'm a mess when it's
traveling), so I have tended to go a bit overboard, using one of the big
name commercial companies for the task (and even packing the quilt as if
it would be traveling under water). All the big guys now have slower
delivery services that are more cost-effective than overnight, along
with online tracking of the package and requiring a signature upon
delivery, so ask about the options.
--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email

Website: http://kckintz.home.att.net/

"Marijke" wrote in message
.. .
I'm so upset!

I made a hug quilt for someone in a site I'm active in. The post

office lost
it.

No, it wasn't insured. No tracking. I know. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Anyway, it's no good to anyone else but the intended recipient but

just in
case it does turn up somewhere, I posted photos of the blocks and the
finished quilt at http://photos.yahoo.com/sesesi, just click on

cockatoo's
hug quilt to see them

:-((((

Marijke, in Montreal - where the postal system has lost more of her

things
than she can even remember.

Old July 13th 03, 04:51 AM
taria

You have to watch it though. Those guys in the brown shorts
have tracking all right. We tracked some computer parts all over the
country then the pkg. went into one of their stops and never
came out! In the US there are large PO's that have all the
lost or damaged stuff in a big room you can try to find your
stuff in. ( I guess they are regional. My DS went through the
one in San DIego looking for some lost photos. She said it
was really sad. There were whole photo albums (weddings and
such) and lots of things (probably like your hug) that were
really going to be missed. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Taria

KCK wrote:

[...]

"Marijke" wrote in message
.. .
I'm so upset!

I made a hug quilt for someone in a site I'm active in. The post

office lost
it.

No, it wasn't insured. No tracking. I know. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Anyway, it's no good to anyone else but the intended recipient but

just in
case it does turn up somewhere, I posted photos of the blocks and the
finished quilt at http://photos.yahoo.com/sesesi, just click on

cockatoo's
hug quilt to see them

:-((((

Marijke, in Montreal - where the postal system has lost more of her

things
than she can even remember.

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 13th 03, 05:20 AM
KCK

I wasn't going to name names before, but Taria, you've reminded of why I
only use FedEx to ship anything really important to me, like a quilt.
Having worked in an office over the years, I have noted, all too well,
how the various companies and agencies treat packages. Oh, I think
Airborne does a good job too, but FedEx beat them to the punch in
getting all the shipping on the personal computer and has many more
places to drop off the packages. I pay for 2nd day air and hope for a
clerk that will just weigh the package instead of plugging the
measurements of my own box into the computer.

--

KCK wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old July 13th 03, 07:25 AM
C. Carroll

I'm so sorry to hear they lost your quilt. I'm so paranoid about them
loosing things that I always insure my parcels. It really is cheap at $1
for $100 insurance.

--
Cheri
On Vancouver Island, Canada