More on centerpull balls

Old June 17th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

Default More on centerpull balls

see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron

Old June 17th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Aaron Lewis wrote:
see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron

Great post Aaron.
Thanks,
Dennis
Old June 17th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Okay! I think I'm going to try this ... I'm thinking, for me, maybe a straw
instead of a toilet roll. Just a little too cumbersome for my hands.

Murielle

et...

Old June 17th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Aaron Lewis" wrote in message
et...
see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron

Surely we don't need to be told this? Doesn't everyone know to wind wool
loosely?

Mary

Old June 17th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 03:21:51 +0000, Aaron Lewis wrote:

see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, that is a good follow up for the original link you posted.

I've already managed to wind a "centre pull" as instructed in the video
and found it easy (after a couple of uneven starts). I needed a ball of
wool I could use from both inside and out as I've been knitting some toy
gingerbread men for a charity. They're only 3.5 inches tall and I needed
to knit both legs at the same time using a ball of left-over yarn.

That's been very helpful.

Bernadette

Old June 17th 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 03:21:51 +0000, Aaron Lewis wrote:

see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, that is a good follow up for the original link you posted.

I've already managed to wind a "centre pull" as instructed in the video
and found it easy (after a couple of uneven starts). I needed a ball of
wool I could use from both inside and out as I've been knitting some toy
gingerbread men for a charity. They're only 3.5 inches tall and I needed
to knit both legs at the same time using a ball of left-over yarn.

That's been very helpful.

Bernadette

Awww, the gingerbread men sound cute. Will you be posting a link so we can
see the pictures?... assuming you'll be taking pictures. Also, can I ask
where you found the pattern for them, or is it something that you've
created?

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 17th 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 05:33:08 -0400, Not Likely wrote:

[...]

I still have to put the finishing touches Gem but will get a couple of
pics before I send them to the charity. My wrist has taken longer to heal
after this surgery so I've been slow to finish this project.

Here is the link to the charity site. If you scroll to the bottom of
the page you can download the pattern. It is written using UK
terminology so you may need a translation - if I can help just yell! :-)
There is an error in the "body and arms" section as well. The instruction
"Starting with a P. row work 5 rows st.st," should read "work 4 rows".

Old June 17th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Aaron Lewis" wrote in message
et...
see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron

Surely we don't need to be told this? Doesn't everyone know to wind wool
loosely?

I got some from a thrift store and it was wound really tight. When I
rewound them, the balls were about 1½ times the original size.

Was it new wool? I don't know what a thrift store is :-(

Mary

sue

Old June 17th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 08:30:51 -0700, suzee wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Aaron Lewis" wrote in message
et...
see http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbctrbal.html

Aaron
Surely we don't need to be told this? Doesn't everyone know to wind wool
loosely?
I got some from a thrift store and it was wound really tight. When I
rewound them, the balls were about 1½ times the original size.

Was it new wool? I don't know what a thrift store is :-(

Second hand store, charity shop... Whatever they call them in your part
of the world. It wasn't new, though it was ununsed.

sue

They're a source of very good bargains too suzee. I use the charity shops
regularly.

Last year I managed to get 4 x 400 gram cones of 4 ply (fingering weight)
at 50 pence (about $1) each. There were 2 white, 1 pale blue and 1 navy
blue - all brand new - so they've gone into my stash.

It seems that when people are moving house they clear out cupboards and
send all the stuff (new and used) off to the local charity shop. I wish
they'd move more often ;-)

Bernadette

Temari Balls Terbear Quilting 22 February 7th 06 06:34 AM
Odd balls Ophelia Yarn 49 September 9th 04 08:48 AM
How to craft new balls for me ? Karl Reitlos Pottery 6 February 6th 04 03:34 PM
OT y now Silver Balls Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 0 December 16th 03 12:07 PM
Just golf balls! Kim McAnnally Needlework 1 July 25th 03 06:48 PM