Hard to find embroidery designs

Old May 11th 05, 01:38 AM
Annie

Default Hard to find embroidery designs

Help!

I've been searching stores and the internet for hard to find hand
embroidery designs such as eagles, flip flops, peacocks, old floral
designs (not Martha what's her name), sports, and a unique praying
cowboy with horse.

Any suggestions?

Old May 11th 05, 04:41 AM
bungadora

Annie wrote:
Help!

I've been searching stores and the internet for hard to find hand
embroidery designs such as eagles, flip flops, peacocks, old floral
designs (not Martha what's her name), sports, and a unique praying
cowboy with horse.

Any suggestions?

I think you have to be a bit more specific. I assume you are looking
for patterns and charts, not pre-finished objects.

Are you looking only for cross stitch designs or some other form of
needlework?

What do you mean by old florals? Victoriana, Arts and Crafts, 50's
kitsch, or something from the 1970's?

What sport? If you do a google search on this group, many people have
asked for patterns regarding particular sports, and that might lead you
to places that people reading the group now might not necessarily know
or think of. The same goes for eagles.

Are you looking for designs for specific objects, or something to hang
on the wall?

By flip flops do you mean sandals or slippers?

Do you have a particular cowboy in mind? There are people with programs
who can make up charts and you might consider that if there are no
copyright issues.

Theresa Wenzler and Beth Russell have both done peacocks. They both
have their own site, and I'm sure there are other patterns out there.

Dora

Old May 11th 05, 07:40 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

You might have some of the materials in a book called
"2001 Cross Stiches Designs" The essential reference book , Better
Homes and gradens books. ISBN 0- 696- 20780-X
mirjam

Old May 11th 05, 04:25 PM
Dawne Peterson

I think Annie is looking for embroidery transfers for surface embroidery,
other than the familiar Aunt Martha ones. I have come across several other
brands on the web and will try to find some later. Have you tried Googling
it--use the advanced search, look for "hot iron transfers" and exclude
"Aunt Martha"
Dawne

Old May 11th 05, 05:46 PM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

What is it that Wal-Mart has? The iron on transfers in the wool and
needlework department? Probably Aunt Martha.....I've only glanced at
them while waiting for kids in electronic dept.

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a
jew.

Pastor Niemöller, 1938
Old May 11th 05, 06:00 PM
jules

Dover books has a line of iron-on transfer books as well as books full
of copyright free line drawings in a wide variety of patterns and
themes. I believe it is doverbooks.com, they have a hard copy catalog
that I used to get. I know they have an old fashioned flowers
embroidery theme book, as well as celtic designs. Jenny June also
carries a few.
Julie

Old May 11th 05, 08:02 PM

There is an ebay store that occasionally shows up with these kinds of
transfers - I think you might be looking for them. I just ran a search
on ebay and didn't find it. However, you might try there using
"embroidery transfers" as a starting point

Old May 11th 05, 09:46 PM

How about Colonial patterns? They have an Aunt Martha line:

http://www.colonialpatterns.com/

Catherine

Old May 12th 05, 01:39 AM
Alison

http://www.sublimestitching.com/transferpreview.html

this website has some very unusual transfers for embroidery including
tattoos, craft designs, dachshunds, etc. The designer was a judge on
Craft Deathmatch which I found very addictive!

ALison
Old May 12th 05, 01:49 AM
Gill Murray

Alison wrote:
http://www.sublimestitching.com/transferpreview.html

this website has some very unusual transfers for embroidery including
tattoos, craft designs, dachshunds, etc. The designer was a judge on
Craft Deathmatch which I found very addictive!

ALison

DACHSHUNDS???? I am over there immediately!!
Gillian
FL, mom of Max and Gretel!!