patterns anyone for bond knitting machine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 19th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Pogonip

Default patterns anyone for bond knitting machine

Judy P wrote:
Wow, ladies..I am so overwhelmed to see all the info..I was very
hesitant to post in here, it being a non webtv group and only having a
Bond knitting machine and feeling less then..
I am guilty of knitting to fast..Don't use side weights. A friend had
told me about the forks..Still checking thrift stores, for forks?? Also,
didn't pull the needles all the way forward.. Needless to say, that I
have a lot to learn..I can't thank you enough for all the support..I was
not trashing the machine..I love the idea of it..Just was telling my
experience on the machine, so far..Far from giving up. I will be back..
judy

Weights made for regular knitting machines work fine, but are a bit
pricey. For circular sock knitting machines, lots of knitters are using
old forks with the tines bent down to "grab" the knitting, then hanging
weight on the bottom. Cheap forks are best since they bend easier, and
if you can find the ones with a hole in the handle, all the better! The
weight you add can be fishing weights or those big washers used for
drapery weight. Your local hardware store can be your friend for these
things - I would stay out of sporting goods stores just because it would
cost more.

--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

Knitting speed ?? Yarn 40 August 22nd 06 09:50 PM
Help with old english knitting directions Rach *in NZ* Yarn 55 April 17th 06 05:23 AM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 November 2nd 04 11:47 PM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 September 1st 04 02:30 PM
FAQ's on buying a new Sewing Machine Butterfly Quilting 0 October 17th 03 04:34 PM