regarding Kitchen disasters

Old August 6th 03, 03:59 AM
SlinkyToy

Default regarding Kitchen disasters

My mother gave me a set of melamine mixing bowls when I got my first
apartment. My roomie, being the non-cooking dweeb that he was, thought they
were stoneware (they were the fake white sponge over blue enamel motif) and
put one in the oven. We had to replace the stove.

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Twenty some odd years ago, we received a phone call from our minister,
who stated that he was coming over, and would be arriving in five
minutes.
At that time, I didn't have a dishwasher, and I had a stack of dirty
dishes...
so, I pulled a Hazel, and stuck everything in the oven.
Totally forgot about it the next day, and melted all my tupperware when I
preheated the oven to make a frozen pizza.
Plastic stinks, and was a BEAR to clean off the oven.
JM2C,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Old August 6th 03, 02:00 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote ...
Twenty some odd years ago, we received a phone call from our minister,
who stated that he was coming over, and would be arriving in five
minutes.
At that time, I didn't have a dishwasher, and I had a stack of dirty
dishes...
so, I pulled a Hazel, and stuck everything in the oven.
Totally forgot about it the next day, and melted all my tupperware when I
preheated the oven to make a frozen pizza.
Plastic stinks, and was a BEAR to clean off the oven.

LOL That'll learn ya! g
Katherine

Old August 6th 03, 02:54 PM
G.Kelly

Noreen you had a quicker acting mind than mine but both your efforts and
mine ended in a rather funny disaster. I too had a visitor arriving and
placed all the plates rather carefully and tidily in the sink - just about
the whole dinner set. We had afternoon tea on the back patio - hoping my
visitor would not get to the kitchen - and there was a sudden crash - I
rushed in to see what had happened and the kitchen clock had fallen from the
wall and landed neatly in the sink smashing every piece of china !!!
Thanks for the laugh Noreen God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 6th 03, 03:14 PM

ok I have to add my little kitchen disaster to this story...About 4 years
ago I got up one morning and decided I was going to make pancakes for the
family and I mixed up the batter in a plastic mixing bowl. I then placed it
on the stove next to my skillet . I turned the burner on for the skillet (or
so I thought) and when I figured that it was hot enough to start making them
I picked up the bowl of batter and it went every where. Come to fine out I
had turned on the wrong burner . I had turned on the one under the mixing
bowl . To say the least I destroyed that element and there was pancake
batter everywhere. To this day my family doesn't let me live that one down.

Shannon in NC

Old August 6th 03, 03:48 PM
Katherine Burgess

"G.Kelly" wrote ...
Noreen you had a quicker acting mind than mine but both your efforts and
mine ended in a rather funny disaster. I too had a visitor arriving

and
placed all the plates rather carefully and tidily in the sink - just about
the whole dinner set. We had afternoon tea on the back patio - hoping my
visitor would not get to the kitchen - and there was a sudden crash - I
rushed in to see what had happened and the kitchen clock had fallen from

the
wall and landed neatly in the sink smashing every piece of china !!!
Thanks for the laugh Noreen God Bless Gwen

Ouch! That hurt, Gwen.
Katherine

Old August 6th 03, 03:49 PM
Katherine Burgess

wrote in message
.com...
ok I have to add my little kitchen disaster to this story...About 4 years
ago I got up one morning and decided I was going to make pancakes for the
family and I mixed up the batter in a plastic mixing bowl. I then placed

it
on the stove next to my skillet . I turned the burner on for the skillet

(or
so I thought) and when I figured that it was hot enough to start making

them
I picked up the bowl of batter and it went every where. Come to fine out I
had turned on the wrong burner . I had turned on the one under the mixing
bowl . To say the least I destroyed that element and there was pancake
batter everywhere. To this day my family doesn't let me live that one

down.

And that must have been a bear to clean off!
Katherine

Old August 7th 03, 11:58 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I once Baked a Plastic cake plate with the see through cover ,,,,
museum piece for sure !!!!
mirjam

"SlinkyToy" wrote ...
My mother gave me a set of melamine mixing bowls when I got my first
apartment. My roomie, being the non-cooking dweeb that he was, thought

they
were stoneware (they were the fake white sponge over blue enamel motif)

and
put one in the oven. We had to replace the stove.

Odd how many of our kitchen disasters are not cooking related. g
Katherine

Old August 7th 03, 11:58 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

WE had a leak under the kitchen floor, floor was opended , no tiles ,
a big sand pit was drying and the leak not found , As my husband
brought some Proffessor from abroad , i told him not to "show that
flat", some how he looked in ,, said OOOOO i like that sat down played
in the sand and found the leak , it was his hobby to repair pipes !!!
mirjam

Noreen you had a quicker acting mind than mine but both your efforts and
mine ended in a rather funny disaster. I too had a visitor arriving and
placed all the plates rather carefully and tidily in the sink - just about
the whole dinner set. We had afternoon tea on the back patio - hoping my
visitor would not get to the kitchen - and there was a sudden crash - I
rushed in to see what had happened and the kitchen clock had fallen from the
wall and landed neatly in the sink smashing every piece of china !!!
Thanks for the laugh Noreen God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

.. .