dipping plastic flowers

Old July 2nd 04, 10:11 PM
dawn

Default dipping plastic flowers

A while back I asked the group if anyone knew the name of or had the
location of the liquid plastic dip ( available in the late 60's early 70's)
that you dip formed wire petals in, to have them coated with the plastic.
Any way, some one told me that she had some and I lost the information. If
you are still out there or if any one knows about where to get it, it would
be very appreciated. Thanks!

--
Dawn Stubitsch
(Home Page) http://www.thumbprintkids.com

Old July 2nd 04, 11:28 PM
SunsetStarWolf

Hey Dawn, you know the saying "If you remember the 60's, you weren't
there."??...
LOL...
when reading your post I imagined many ancient hippie chicks suddenly breaking
into song... "plastic fantastic lover!!"...
but no one actually "remembering."

of course, ya hadda be there(:

******

Old July 3rd 04, 12:07 AM
Sharon

A while back I asked the group if anyone knew the name of or had the
location of the liquid plastic dip ( available in the late 60's early

70's)
that you dip formed wire petals in, to have them coated with the plastic.
Any way, some one told me that she had some and I lost the information. If
you are still out there or if any one knows about where to get it, it

would
be very appreciated. Thanks!

I think this product is called "Pretty Petals" and here is a link
to see what it looks like.

can also be seen he
http://thinks.com/cgi-bin/apf_toys_g...es=2&locale=us

It looks like Toys R Us has it and I know at one point Michaels had it too.
Don't know if they still do or not.
HTH
Sharon

Old July 3rd 04, 01:28 PM
dawn

Hi Sharon, I saw that product in Walmart but it is a little different than
what I am looking for. Those paint on the film in a mold instead of dipping
into a can. It still might let you dip though, I'll have to check. Thanks
for the help. There is so much spam in this group now that its really hard
to find the posts.

Old July 15th 04, 07:06 PM
emma J

Hi - here it is called fantasy film. I think it is available from
www.smitcraft.com hopefully they ship to you?
I also remember making flowers in the same way with wire loops and old
tights ( pantyhose). The mind boggles!!!!!
Good luck with your search!