Need a rotary cutter!

Old July 21st 13, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Default Need a rotary cutter!

On 09/07/2013 3:10 AM, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
I don't mean the implement but the person who wields it. I started to trim up some fabrics to make fat quarters, 5-1/4"squares, 6-1/8" squares and 4-14" squares --not pretty at all unless I cut single layer --- I found that my arm strength is more diminished than I had thought last week (don't even ask about my legs). I am now thinking that I will have to incorporate more paper piecing into all or any project that I take on - I could scissor cut smaller scraps and save on snacks and chocolate for the rotary cutter slave, not to mention the sleeping arrangements! I have a large Judy Niemeyer sunflower patern waiting for attention which might even tempt my sister into ' liking' a finished quilt for herself?
It is probably a good time to start pulling out the pre-cuts too? I managed alright to work on the appliqué pieces for the McKenna Ryan wallhanging with fusibles and there are still a couple of bird houses that need to be finished. The big test with that one will be to take my sewing machine up off the floor (25lbs) and then relearn as much as I can about the Designer Diamond as I once knew before attempting to even thread it up and clean it (not necessarily in that order...
All in all, I am back to basics and baby steps to start over from the beginning. Jennifer in Otawa.

Hmmm.....just sent a reply but it didn't go to the group so not sure
where it vanished to.
Anyways.....I'm up in Ottawa fairly often visiting my folks and could
come by for an afternoon to make myself useful. Drop me a note to my
email from the directory if you still need an extra pair of hands. My
next visit will probably be sometime in August.
TTFN
Allison (from Montreal but formerly from Ottawa)

Old July 22nd 13, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Replied to gmail - thanks for the offer of a quilty afternoon. Jennifer in Ottawa