A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What a difference a year makes!

Old July 14th 13, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa
external usenet poster

Default What a difference a year makes!

I remembered a post from Betsy regarding the Accuquilter system. I had replied that it seemed expensive for the dyes, etc and that she would probably be better off applying the retail price towards her sewing machine that was on layaway. I have changed my mind because of medical reasons!

I recently posted that I was having rotary cutting problems with multiple layers of fabric, as a result I decided to order the cutting system and the strip cutting dyes in the sizes that I have used the most. I have watched as many videos as available and searched in Canada for the best dye prices - the machine is currently waiting at customs for import and with the cutting dye included with purchase, I will have the opportunity to practise until I am adept at rolling fabrics through.

I'm due for more blood transfusions on Tuesday so I'm hopeful that increased energy will soon follow - these units are numbered 18&19 - hard to believe for a one-time ex-blood banker! I am ready to sew....Jennifer in Ottawa
Ads
Old July 14th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria
external usenet poster

Time and life does change how we look at things. Sending you well wishes
for improved health. Bless you Jenn.
hugs, taria

"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote in message

I remembered a post from Betsy regarding the Accuquilter system. I had
replied that it seemed expensive for the dyes, etc and that she would
probably be better off applying the retail price towards her sewing machine
that was on layaway. I have changed my mind because of medical reasons!

I recently posted that I was having rotary cutting problems with multiple
layers of fabric, as a result I decided to order the cutting system and the
strip cutting dyes in the sizes that I have used the most. I have watched
as many videos as available and searched in Canada for the best dye prices -
the machine is currently waiting at customs for import and with the cutting
dye included with purchase, I will have the opportunity to practise until I
am adept at rolling fabrics through.

I'm due for more blood transfusions on Tuesday so I'm hopeful that increased
energy will soon follow - these units are numbered 18&19 - hard to believe
for a one-time ex-blood banker! I am ready to sew....Jennifer in Ottawa

Old July 18th 13, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price
external usenet poster

I have owned an AccuCut machine for over 20 years. When you need to
cut a lot or cutting is physically difficult the machine is a
lifesaver. My original machine was designed for paper which I used
when preparing camp crafts for children. Once the machine was
redesigned to handle fabric better I upgraded to the new machine and
bought quilting dies. The dies are expensive but last for years. Did
you get the big machine or the GO? A friend who suffers with MS has
purchased one and is really enjoying it. Until buying the machine she
had to wait until her daughter had time to come and cut for her.

Susan

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 21:03:02 -0700 (PDT), Jennifer in Ottawa
wrote:

I remembered a post from Betsy regarding the Accuquilter system. I had replied that it seemed expensive for the dyes, etc and that she would probably be better off applying the retail price towards her sewing machine that was on layaway. I have changed my mind because of medical reasons!

I recently posted that I was having rotary cutting problems with multiple layers of fabric, as a result I decided to order the cutting system and the strip cutting dyes in the sizes that I have used the most. I have watched as many videos as available and searched in Canada for the best dye prices - the machine is currently waiting at customs for import and with the cutting dye included with purchase, I will have the opportunity to practise until I am adept at rolling fabrics through.

I'm due for more blood transfusions on Tuesday so I'm hopeful that increased energy will soon follow - these units are numbered 18&19 - hard to believe for a one-time ex-blood banker! I am ready to sew....Jennifer in Ottawa

Old July 19th 13, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa
external usenet poster

Thank you for your kind wishes, Taria. I appreciate them, Jennifer in Ottawa
Old July 19th 13, 07:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa
external usenet poster

Unfortunately pretesting is not an option for me - I received notice today that delivery of my Go had been attempted while I was busy at the thrombosis clinic. Ultrasound has shown that I have thrown another large blood clot in my left leg so my anti-coagulant syringe dosage has been increased for a while. This also means that sitting upright for longer periods to sew, etc. isn't possible.
I'm looking forward to opening my new toy tomorrow! Jennifer in Ottawa
Old July 19th 13, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa
external usenet poster

Thank you for your endorsement of the cutting system. I decided on the Go machine and 3 extra dies - the 2-1/2"and 2", 1-1/2, 1" multi strips plus the triangle in a square die (2-1/2"). I'm looking forward to receiving the cutting machine tomorrow - the dies are in transit and should arrive early next week from the west coast. I can practise with the included die over the weekend to get a rhythm going and watch my scraps diminish in size! I still plan to use my old methods of rotary cutting my curved pieces and I'm looking forward to sitting down at my machine again. While resting my swollen left leg, I plan to sit in the lazy boy downloading more of my embroideries and organizing them, finally.

I don't have anyone whom I would trust to rotary cut for me because of the sharp blade involved but the Go just might intrigue my sister enough for her to try it out? At least, once! We shall see...Jennifer in Ottawa
Old July 20th 13, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa
external usenet poster

I've been disappointed today! My sister went out earlier to pick up my cutting machine from the post office but then they found that it was too heavy to carry out of the car! It will remain in the trunk till my nephew is able to come over to release it....almost had it....I should explain that my sis is 82 and her husband is 86.