for those not on FaceBook

Old July 1st 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default for those not on FaceBook

Just wanted to touch base here - I'm on FB more than anything else these days.

Brady, the goofy chocolate lab who hated water, passed away suddenly last night. Apparently he had a tumor rupture and there was nothing they could do to save him.

Thomas has claimed Brady's HUG for himself, along with the blue squeaky wiener dog that Brady played with during the day.

Rebekah has claimed Brady's squeaky bear that *HAD* to be brought upstairs every night for him to go to sleep, and has taken Nugget's HUG.

Both will be getting a shadow box with a picture of Brady and one of his collars (he had 2 different ones), and we will work together to make a stepping stone with his nametag placed in it.

Tonight, I have to call back to the emergency vet and give them our decision about what to do....we have decided that we will not have his ashes returned to us, but want them placed in the memorial garden where the other animals we've lost since 2005 have been placed.

We're doing as ok as can be expected - it's a serious roller coaster right now, but we'll get through this.

On a related topic, DD has chosen new colors for her room, so I'm looking for possible quilt patterns using only 3 colors - purple, white, and black {sigh}
Old July 1st 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

[...]

So sorry to hear about your much loved Brady. I once had a golden lab,
Killer, who also hated water.
Barbara in wet SC

Old July 1st 13, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

It's hard to lose a pet, whether sudden or not. I can only hope he went without any suffering. Thomas and Rebekah will have something to remember him by, always a good thing.

Other pets you have lost will be waiting for Brady at the Rainbow Bridge.
Ginger in CA

Old July 1st 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

The children are doing better tonight. Mom and Dad....not so much, but I think it's a combination of grief and lack of sleep. Hoping we'll actually get some sleep tonight. Ken has given the go ahead to start considering other 4-legged woofers for the family, but he isn't ready to commit to having another dog just yet, which is perfectly fine and understandable.

He wants another lab....when I asked male or female, he said male....before Brady, he said female, either lab or shepherd.....he has said NO mastiff or great Dane, so that rules 2 breeds out....would prefer not a hound either since they get rather large as well...to the point of probably needing a pickup to take them anywhere (definitely something larger than my small Jeep Patriot).....so we are healing. The hardest part is have a child with autism lose a pet....he is coping in his own way, but last night, it consisted of "I need Brady.......I need a dog RIGHT NOW!" Today was spent reminiscing about the silly things that Brady did....and how he had to wear an inflatable doughnut because the cone prevented him from seeing and he would stand in one spot unless we were directly in front of him.....things are getting washed and bagged up....we'll have to vacuum the entire house and febreeze everything, not to mention a thorough cleaning of the yard before any new dog comes home with us.....thanks again for letting me post about this

Old July 2nd 13, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

That's what friends are for!
Sending gentle cyber {{{{hugs}}}} to all.
Ginger in CA

Now no Facebook Sunny[_2_] Quilting 3 August 12th 11 01:18 AM
FACEBOOK OT R. E. Wicker Quilting 9 June 14th 10 06:51 AM
Facebook Karen C - Calif Needlework 3 December 11th 09 03:46 PM
Facebook [email protected] Quilting 1 September 15th 09 03:22 PM
.Facebook lewmew Needlework 34 February 15th 09 06:19 PM