A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

for those not on FaceBook

Old July 1st 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default for those not on FaceBook

Just wanted to touch base here - I'm on FB more than anything else these days.

Brady, the goofy chocolate lab who hated water, passed away suddenly last night. Apparently he had a tumor rupture and there was nothing they could do to save him.

Thomas has claimed Brady's HUG for himself, along with the blue squeaky wiener dog that Brady played with during the day.

Rebekah has claimed Brady's squeaky bear that *HAD* to be brought upstairs every night for him to go to sleep, and has taken Nugget's HUG.

Both will be getting a shadow box with a picture of Brady and one of his collars (he had 2 different ones), and we will work together to make a stepping stone with his nametag placed in it.

Tonight, I have to call back to the emergency vet and give them our decision about what to do....we have decided that we will not have his ashes returned to us, but want them placed in the memorial garden where the other animals we've lost since 2005 have been placed.

We're doing as ok as can be expected - it's a serious roller coaster right now, but we'll get through this.

On a related topic, DD has chosen new colors for her room, so I'm looking for possible quilt patterns using only 3 colors - purple, white, and black {sigh}
Ads
Old July 1st 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More
external usenet poster

Just wanted to touch base here - I'm on FB more than anything else these
days.

Brady, the goofy chocolate lab who hated water, passed away suddenly last
night. Apparently he had a tumor rupture and there was nothing they could
do to save him.

Thomas has claimed Brady's HUG for himself, along with the blue squeaky
wiener dog that Brady played with during the day.

Rebekah has claimed Brady's squeaky bear that *HAD* to be brought upstairs
every night for him to go to sleep, and has taken Nugget's HUG.

Both will be getting a shadow box with a picture of Brady and one of his
collars (he had 2 different ones), and we will work together to make a
stepping stone with his nametag placed in it.

Tonight, I have to call back to the emergency vet and give them our decision
about what to do....we have decided that we will not have his ashes returned
to us, but want them placed in the memorial garden where the other animals
we've lost since 2005 have been placed.

We're doing as ok as can be expected - it's a serious roller coaster right
now, but we'll get through this.

On a related topic, DD has chosen new colors for her room, so I'm looking
for possible quilt patterns using only 3 colors - purple, white, and black
{sigh}

So sorry to hear about your much loved Brady. I once had a golden lab,
Killer, who also hated water.
Barbara in wet SC

Old July 1st 13, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA
external usenet poster

It's hard to lose a pet, whether sudden or not. I can only hope he went without any suffering. Thomas and Rebekah will have something to remember him by, always a good thing.

Other pets you have lost will be waiting for Brady at the Rainbow Bridge.
Ginger in CA

On Monday, July 1, 2013 9:36:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Just wanted to touch base here - I'm on FB more than anything else these days.

Brady, the goofy chocolate lab who hated water, passed away suddenly last night. Apparently he had a tumor rupture and there was nothing they could do to save him.

Thomas has claimed Brady's HUG for himself, along with the blue squeaky wiener dog that Brady played with during the day.

Rebekah has claimed Brady's squeaky bear that *HAD* to be brought upstairs every night for him to go to sleep, and has taken Nugget's HUG.

Both will be getting a shadow box with a picture of Brady and one of his collars (he had 2 different ones), and we will work together to make a stepping stone with his nametag placed in it.

Tonight, I have to call back to the emergency vet and give them our decision about what to do....we have decided that we will not have his ashes returned to us, but want them placed in the memorial garden where the other animals we've lost since 2005 have been placed.

We're doing as ok as can be expected - it's a serious roller coaster right now, but we'll get through this.

On a related topic, DD has chosen new colors for her room, so I'm looking for possible quilt patterns using only 3 colors - purple, white, and black {sigh}

Old July 1st 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]
external usenet poster

The children are doing better tonight. Mom and Dad....not so much, but I think it's a combination of grief and lack of sleep. Hoping we'll actually get some sleep tonight. Ken has given the go ahead to start considering other 4-legged woofers for the family, but he isn't ready to commit to having another dog just yet, which is perfectly fine and understandable.

He wants another lab....when I asked male or female, he said male....before Brady, he said female, either lab or shepherd.....he has said NO mastiff or great Dane, so that rules 2 breeds out....would prefer not a hound either since they get rather large as well...to the point of probably needing a pickup to take them anywhere (definitely something larger than my small Jeep Patriot).....so we are healing. The hardest part is have a child with autism lose a pet....he is coping in his own way, but last night, it consisted of "I need Brady.......I need a dog RIGHT NOW!" Today was spent reminiscing about the silly things that Brady did....and how he had to wear an inflatable doughnut because the cone prevented him from seeing and he would stand in one spot unless we were directly in front of him.....things are getting washed and bagged up....we'll have to vacuum the entire house and febreeze everything, not to mention a thorough cleaning of the yard before any new dog comes home with us.....thanks again for letting me post about this

Old July 2nd 13, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA
external usenet poster

That's what friends are for!
Sending gentle cyber {{{{hugs}}}} to all.
Ginger in CA

On Monday, July 1, 2013 3:45:27 PM UTC-7, off kilter wrote:
The children are doing better tonight. Mom and Dad....not so much, but I think it's a combination of grief and lack of sleep. Hoping we'll actually get some sleep tonight. Ken has given the go ahead to start considering other 4-legged woofers for the family, but he isn't ready to commit to having another dog just yet, which is perfectly fine and understandable.

He wants another lab....when I asked male or female, he said male....before Brady, he said female, either lab or shepherd.....he has said NO mastiff or great Dane, so that rules 2 breeds out....would prefer not a hound either since they get rather large as well...to the point of probably needing a pickup to take them anywhere (definitely something larger than my small Jeep Patriot).....so we are healing. The hardest part is have a child with autism lose a pet....he is coping in his own way, but last night, it consisted of "I need Brady.......I need a dog RIGHT NOW!" Today was spent reminiscing about the silly things that Brady did....and how he had to wear an inflatable doughnut because the cone prevented him from seeing and he would stand in one spot unless we were directly in front of him.....things are getting washed and bagged up....we'll have to vacuum the entire house and febreeze everything, not to mention a thorough cleaning of the yard before any new dog comes home with us.....thanks again for letting me post about this