OFF TOPIC.. about my bracelet

Old May 26th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OFF TOPIC.. about my bracelet

"coggietm" wrote in message
ups.com...
I too dislike those emails. Though once I did see a funny spoof on
them saying that everything was going to go wrong and the computer
would explode, or something like that . It still makes me smile when
someone sends me one of those emails.
Glad to hear your doing ok for now , your in my prayers, Gem.
Coggie

Thank you, Coggie! )

*hugs*
Gem

Old May 28th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Gem and Coggie , if you speak about chain letters that i do HATE them
as well ,,, Funny ? not at all ,, they are targeting the most Primal
feelings we all have , they trample over this fragile feeling of
comparative safety each of us feels in daily life. Life being
complicated and hard enough without this added disrespect for
everybody`s feelings .
mirjam

oups.com...

Old May 28th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

I agree, Mirjam.

There was one that circulated before Matthew was born (in snail mail... we
didn't have a computer until he was 15) that I actually didn't mind too much
as it didn't say anything bad was going to happen if you broke the chain.
It was a recipe chain letter that asked you to send a recipe to the four
people at the bottom of the letter, cross out the top name and add your own
before sending it on to four more people. I thought that was a unique way
of getting new recipes, and like I said it didn't have that dreaded
"something bad will happen to you if you break the chain" added to it.
Because of that, I did send it to my then mother-in-law, who flew into a
rage at me saying that she had health problems and that I should be ashamed
of myself for sending her a chain letter that could cause her a relapse... I
re-read the letter and noted that it did *not* have any threatening bits in
it anywhere. She always was a bit over the top at jumping to conclusions
and flying into a rage about unimportant things though.

However... I never did get any recipes at all back in the mail, so
apparently everyone broke the chain and didn't bother sending recipes out to
anyone on the list. Oh well. I never participated in any of those
afterward... but then I never did see anymore that asked only to send
recipes, without saying if you don't do it something bad will happen. Any
chain letter type things I get now, go directly into the garbage... even if
they do make you feel uneasy about doing so. I would rather feel uneasy
myself for a day or so, than to forward those on to other people and make
them uneasy. I only share "feel good" things now, but *never* the chain
letter types that say that you have to send them to XX many people within XX
many minutes or else.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old May 30th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot chain letters OFF TOPIC.. about my bracelet

Good morning GEMINI ,
Thank you for your nice answer.
Several weeks ago i got an email chain letter from a very nice person
i know. it came in the attachment which i didn`t even bother to open,
and i answered her politely, that i do ask her not to send me any
chain letters because of all the reasons i mentioned here. Since she
sent it with a list of names, and i haven`t noticed that i answered to
all , my answer reached all those people as well , Next morning one of
the persons anwered my letter with the response that he thanks my
polite answer about it, because he would have answered much RUDER,
after he opened the attachment and the first thing he saw was a
religious sign of a different faith than ours and he was offended by
it ,,,, So you see your story and mine and many more show the
problematics of sending such chain letters, who can chain bad
feelings ,,,
mirjam