Costumes are done!!

Old May 6th 05, 07:16 PM
Kim E

Default Costumes are done!!

I haven't been able to quilt much in the last month becase I had to
make costumes for our Children's Theater. They are doing Seussical the
Musical (Dr.Seuss stories set to music). DD is Gertrude McFuzz - the
bird with the one-feather tail. Gertrude is in love with Horton the
Elephant, but he is so busy with the Whos and Amazing Mayzie's egg that
he hardly notices that she is alive. It's a very cute play.

All parents are required to serve on 2 committees - one pre-production
and one post-production. Because they know that I can sew, I'm always
on the wardrobe committee. This time I had to make Gertrude's costume
and 3 Can-Can dresses (complete with ruffles on the underskirt and made
of satin) for the Bird Girls. These costumes will be used again in
other shows, so I had to use a size 14 dress and "just take it in where
it needs". Yeah right - Gertrude is a size 10, two are size 6 and the
smallest Bird Girl wears a size 4 - I had seam allowances of up to 2
inches. Keep in mind that 3 girls are in 9th grade and one is in 12th
grade, so they all want them absolutely perfect. I probably went
overboard both in construction and in fitting, but they look great and
the girls love them.

I'm done!!!!! Tonight is the final dress rehearsal, the show starts
Saturday night. I'm no longer buried in satin and can breathe again

DD has discovered musical theater and has announced that her career
goal is to be famous on Broadway. She has decided that her first
choice college is NYU and her second choice is Julliard. She's in 9th
grade, so we will just have to wait and see how far this goes.

Kim

Old May 6th 05, 07:36 PM
KJ

Pictures! We need pictures! Congrats on getting these done. I hope
everyone involved gives you lots of credit!

oups.com...

Old May 6th 05, 07:45 PM
Kim E

I'll take pictures tonight at the final dress rehearsal.

Kim

Old May 7th 05, 12:04 AM
Taria

That is great Kim. Was really nice of you to get the bird girls
so well taken care of : )
Good luck to DD. Tell her we are waiting to tell folks we knew her
when!
Taria

Old May 7th 05, 04:47 AM
Kim E

Here are the pictures:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kimene...en%3as,1%3af,0

The costume director added sleeves to the dresses for all 6 Bird Girls
as well as Gertrude's. I watched dress rehearsal tonight. If we can
get the brass players to cut the decibel level in half, get the
clarinets and violins to tune, and get the music director to STOP
SINGING with the singers (especially since she sings off-key!!!!), it
should be a good show. DD and the Cat in the Hat are about ready to
throw something at her.

Kim

costumes Faye and Chris Egger Quilting 8 May 31st 04 12:57 PM
OT but still sewing Halloween costumes NightMist Quilting 12 October 1st 03 03:02 AM
Sale on costumes, wigs, fabric, and more Philadelphia Rich Williamson General Crafting 0 July 16th 03 05:02 PM
sale on costumes and other craft products in Philadelphia Rich Williamson Marketplace 0 July 16th 03 05:01 PM