My Happy Dance

Old October 23rd 03, 05:04 PM
Kate Dicey

Sindir wrote:

Well, my first ever quilt is done!!! My binding looks pretty good in the
front, but if you turn it over it's pretty uneven. The stitching leaves
something to be desired. I machine stitched the front half and then turned
it and finished it by hand. I'm sure I'll get better at that as I learn
more. All in all, it's pretty good. It's for my little boy who is 2.5. He
won't care what the stitching looks like as long as he can lay with it
finally. There is one spot on the front that somehow came out of the edge,
so I hand stitched that to make it stay. I wasn't about to rip out the
entire seam for a second time. Like I said, for a first quilt it looks
pretty good.

I'll post pictures of it as soon as I get my film developed.

Congratulations!

Finished is good, and as you say, he won't criticize! Kids are the
best appreciators!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 23rd 03, 11:32 PM
Coleen

Congrats on your first finish from someone who also recently finished their
first quilt. I am sure that it was stitched with much love and will be
loved by the recipient and truly I feel that that is all that matters. My
first quilt has some pretty wonky stitching on it too, but that is okay.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old October 24th 03, 12:57 PM
Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for you and your first quilt, Sindir!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 24th 03, 11:15 PM
Pat in Virginia

Yah Hoo! Doing a lively Virginia Reel for this monumental
occasion. Your DS will be delighted and that is the main reason
for quilting, eh?
PAT in VA/USA

PS: My niece wrote and told me her Toddler DD won't be parted
from the little Dolly quilt I gave her a few weeks ago. She wraps
up her well loved Teddy Bear in the quilt and they roam around
the house together. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!