OT - Lame joke (spew, beverage, etc warnings)

Old October 24th 03, 03:09 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT - Lame joke (spew, beverage, etc warnings)

An oldie, but it still makes me smile...

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and
a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend. "Watson,
look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

"I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes," replies Watson.

"And what do you deduce from that?"

Watson ponders for a minute. "Well, astronomically, it tells me that there
are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Hour logically, I deduce
that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I
suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I can see
that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of
the universe. What does it tell you, Holmes?"

Holmes is silent for a moment. "Watson, you idiot!" he says. "Someone has
stolen our tent!"

Old October 24th 03, 06:08 PM
Diana Curtis

LOL
Thank you!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
news

Old October 24th 03, 10:32 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Too funny!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér