Jean McIntosh Ltd. needlework patterns

Old November 22nd 16, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Jean McIntosh Ltd. needlework patterns

On 11/11/2016 3:13 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 May 2000 02:00:00 UTC-5, Paul & Christine wrote:
Years ago I was able to purchase needlework patterns by Jean McIntosh.
They came in a cellophane wrapped package with a tartan background a
picture of the pattern. The one pattern I am still in possession of
says that they were printed/made in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've done web
searches and phone book searches but have been unable to locate them.
Has anyone seen or know anything about them. I live in Kitchener,
Ontario now and there a only 2 needlework shops in this area (that I
know of) as a source of info and they have been of no help.

Christine

I too have a few works by Jean Mcintosh. There were 2 different addresses:1115 Empress Street and also 1064 Valour Road in Winnipeg. I am also in the process of trying to locate them. No luck so far. Have you made any progress in that area?

Linda

Hi Linda,

It's doubtful the OP will see your answer...note the date of the
original post. Probably from sewgirls (or whatever their current
iteration it).

--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old January 12th 18, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I, too, have been on a quest to find Jean McIntosh needlepoint charts. The site Jean McIntosh.com does not respond. Three generations of my family have worked these needlepoint charts, of which I still have many.I love the colors. Same with Alice Godkin.
I did find a site through Pinterest called Vintage Cross stitch Patterns. Lovely German 1800's patterns. Again, the colors are lovely and worked in DMC. I bought a pattern this morning. They come to you via email in Pdf. One in color, the other in black and white.
I am so lucky that the same yarn goods store is still in the same place in my home town.
It was quite a search for charts. I hope this has helped. I can't wait to get started!