Name two guilty pleasures

Old October 24th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Name two guilty pleasures

On 10/24/08 4:11 PM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

says...
You indulge in while stitching

1. Watching episodes of Law & Order or Star Trek for the 9 millionth time
2. Gene Simmons Family Jewels

I suppose I should add any Star Trek and any CSI. CSI has become a family
addiction.
I haven't figured out how to eat and stitch at the same time. How do y'all do
it?

Spoons

Old October 24th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

anne wrote:
says...

You indulge in while stitching

1. Watching episodes of Law & Order or Star Trek for the 9 millionth time
2. Gene Simmons Family Jewels

I haven't figured out how to eat and stitch at the same time. How do y'all do
it?

I keep a box of baby wipes next to me for finger-cleaning between bites.

For me, the guilty pleasures are baseball and Coke.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader

OCTOBER IS DISABILITY AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old October 24th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

lewmew wrote:
On Oct 24, 11:59 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
You indulge in while stitching

House reruns
hershey treasures

Linda

Book on MP3 (currently Greg Iles, "Blood Memory" - I make excuses to go
listen!)

glass of wine or sherry or tea

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old October 24th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:

Book on MP3 (currently Greg Iles, "Blood Memory" - I make excuses to go
listen!)

glass of wine or sherry or tea

sue

Now we are on track! If it isn't late, I might sip a glass of wine; if
it is late I get up, eat a piece of dark chocolate. wash my hands and go
back to stitching.

BTW, Manhattans don't work as easily as wine! Push comes to shove, Diet
Coke or Raspberry diet snapple is OK

Gill
Old October 25th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

I refuse to be guilty about a single pleasure. Not one. Life is far too
short for that. And I am looking for more of them, stitching related or
otherwise. I love to stitch with a good audio book running , a full pot of
coffee somewhere within easy running distance, and bright sunshine. And if
a nice Swedish ginger thin, or a Laura Secord ginger lychee chocolate (I
sense a ginger theme developing here--goes well with fall) should call out
to me while I stitch, it will get my immediate and full attention.

Dawne

Old October 25th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Barbara[_4_]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
You indulge in while stitching

For moi?

The Price is Right
Chocolate

Cheryl

I indulge in the taste of malted chocolate balls(the chocolate does not
come off on hands).The best is a Hershey bar.But I cant cross stitch at
the same time.Melt in your hands.
And a can of coke."Saving those points to get a toaster oven".... Saving
those tabs for the Blind and the ellipsis foundation.
Barbara
Old October 25th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruby

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Wine gums are a sort of the consistency of Jujubes, are fruit flavoured
and now come in sour as well. Got addicted many years ago on my first
trip to UK to visit in laws. Don't care for the Maynard brand ones though.
ruby

Wine gums???

Cheryl

Old October 27th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
blkndvudu

On Oct 25, 9:14*am, Barbara wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
You indulge in while stitching

For moi?

The Price is Right
Chocolate

Cheryl

I indulge in the taste of malted chocolate balls(the chocolate does not
come off on hands).The best is a Hershey bar.But I cant cross stitch at
the same time.Melt in your hands.
And a can of coke."Saving those points to get a toaster oven".... Saving
those tabs for the Blind and the ellipsis * foundation.
Barbara

I love to watch horror/mystery movies from the 40's & 50's and a big
bottle of coke zero