Hi

Old October 20th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
blkndvudu

Default Hi

My name is Paloma and I'm new to the group. Does anyone know if any
good intro to needlepoint books I only know how to cross stitch at
this point and would like to expand my knowledge- and anyway
needlepoint is so beautiful.

Old October 21st 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

A good book to start learning needlepoint stitches is Carolyn
Ambuter's Complete Book Of Needlepoint.

Old October 21st 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Welcome Paloma ,
wish you many happy years of creating ,
mirjam
Old November 3rd 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
newsgroup

Some books that I have in my library at home, each has information and
techniques for more than their title:

The Encyclopedia of Cross Stitch Techniques by Betty Barden [ISBN
0-7624-1664-5]
2001 Cross Stitch Designs: The Essential Reference Book by Better Homes and
Gardens [0-696-22153-5]
Donna Kooler's Cross Stitch Inspirations by Donna Kooler [0-7394-3900-6]
Stitching Pretty 101 Lovely Cross-Stitch Projects to Make by Better Homes
and Gardens [0-696-21427-X]

If you can find this book in the re-issue version since the original was
first published in 1870 but the information inside is still valid for today:

Treasures in Needlework by Mrs. Warren and Mrs. Pullan [Lancer Books, Inc.
of New York, USA did the re-issue in 1973]
Some magazines to look for a

Cross-Stitch & Needlework
The Cross Stitcher [USA]
Cross Stitcher [Britain]

These are some of the magazines we have around here, some issues are not on
the cheap.