AD--new etsy store with glass, pmc, beads

Old June 24th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Default AD--new etsy store with glass, pmc, beads

hi everybody! I set up an Etsy.com store for my friend Laura Humenik. I'm
going to be doing this for others as part of a Promote Your Art package of
services I provide, including websites and blog building.

Laura does beautiful work with beads, wire, fused glass and PMC. Please do
take a look at her store, and as always I appreciate feedback!
http://landsglory.etsy.com

Old June 28th 08, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Very interesting items.

Now tell me about this package you're offering. Do you do the photography,
by any chance? And can we pay you in jewelry?

By the way, should I save the little balsa boxes Pete's Ginseng tar comes in
for you?

Tina

Old July 4th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

hi thre Tina! Sorry I missed this post till now.
My friend Laura does lovely work in PMC and glass. I'm still not all that
tempted to do PMC tho as the cost just keeps going up and up and up...

As to the promotions package--yes, I do the photos too, unless the client
already has shots they like. Even then, I can photoshop them into better
images, usually. I love photoshop!! http://polyclay.com/photography.htm
Payment in jewelry would be fine with me but not with my landlord, and he's
the one we need to get the cash flowing towards right now...but in the
future, that might work!
And as to the boxes---funnily enough I have a half dozen or so of theos
myself, from my days at the healthfood store when I could afford to buy Il
Hwa FourStar Ginseng Concentrate. It was wonderful!!!! A cup of ginseng tea
made with the teeny spoon of that, and I had more energy and good feeling
than with two cups of coffee, and no jitters. But thank you very much for
the offer!

Old July 5th 08, 07:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Hi Sarajane,

I'm more sorry that you're not here more often.

Do you use the Red Korean Ginseng or do you use Siberian? I hear that
Siberian is better for women. I don't get a lot out of it, unlike Ginkgo
which really helps me, but Pete gets a lot from it.

Of course, this time of year what I really crave is a cool, dark night. And
though the cool is not often a problem, I really get tired of that sun
shining in the back window in the bedroom at midnight. Tonight it's too
warm; must be near 80F (such a wimp).

I'm not planning on doing anything this summer except getting ready for my
daughter's wedding. Both time-wise and money-wise. Lots of phone calls.
And even lots of time looking for my dress. The trouble is, I know what I
want, so now I have to find it. There are a couple vendors that carry the
Dairi Moroccan cotton dresses, so it's a matter now of getting my ducks in a
row and getting the things while the dye lots are being made (they are on an
8 week rotation, so I hope I haven't missed what I want for colors.

In the long run, this is the most useful and flattering style for me (except
my body is bigger and I need a Tina Aqua Blue). It's very loose, cool and
flowing, but probably too hot for the wedding:
http://sunheartclothing.com/dairi/dress/213.jpg

So for the wedding I want to do this one, in Tina-blue:
http://sunheartclothing.com/dairi/dress/06.html
But I want to be sure to have a top or jacket in the same dye lot, so it
will continue to be useful here in Alaska.

It's been a long time since I've really shopped and I seriously need to
refurbish my good clothes. Good but not dressy.

The sleeveless dress should really lend itself to wearing some outstanding
jewelry too!

After the wedding, we plan to go to CA for a week so Pete can see family
(mostly mine) there too. Including Sooz. Then after that trip and then the
recovery from it, I'd like to look into getting your expertise marketing my
jewelry.

In March, The Engine will be presented at the World's Best Technology
Showcase
http://www.wbtshowcase.com/wbt/wbt08...ges/index.html
It's supposed to be very prestigious and effective. We'll see, we'll see.
I sure do hope so. If Pete and I are in the States at that time, we may
well attend.

Take care,

Tina

. ..

Old July 5th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Oh, those are lovely dresses! I'm bookmarking the site.
The price isnt bad either, given the amount of fabric in a bias cut full
length dress, and frenchseamed, even!!
I want to see what jewelry you make to go with it.

The il hwa ginseng was the Korean kind ; I've had Siberian too. I found the
4star concentrate to be the best of all varieties tried. I researched it a
lot---its one of a very few things that is a "leveler" in that it brings low
blood pressure up and high blood pressure down, same with blood sugar
issues.

When you see Soozala, PLEASE give her a hug from me and send my love; I
think of them--and you--and Shirley and Kathy NV and all my friends here who
are too numerous to name---quite often and hope you are all well. Although
I'm not "here' as much these days, this is still my social network.

When you are ready for my services, just let me know. We'll work it out--you
can send items to be photo-ed and then I'll send 'em back or whatever works
best.

big hugs to ya!! And best of good wishes go towards thigs working out at the
Tech Showcase---you've worked long and hard.
Sarajane