I heard about London, England's bad weather.

Old December 8th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default I heard about London, England's bad weather.

ILovemyDoggie. spun a FINE 'yarn':

I hope everyone is ok.
Pam-Doggirl3

me, *TOO*, Pam!
Noreen

--

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.

Old December 8th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
ILovemyDoggie.

I hope everyone is ok.
Pam-Doggirl3

Old December 8th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

"ILovemyDoggie." wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope everyone is ok.

Four streets were hit, six people injured and only one seriously.

Of course the properties will cost millions to repair but at least there was
no loss of life. Incredible really!

Old December 8th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Ophelia spun a FINE 'yarn':

"ILovemyDoggie." wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope everyone is ok.

Four streets were hit, six people injured and only one seriously.

Of course the properties will cost millions to repair but at least
there was no loss of life. Incredible really!

Auntie O-
*we* heard 100 people were killed?????
Noreen

--

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.

Old December 8th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"ILovemyDoggie." wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope everyone is ok.

Four streets were hit, six people injured and only one seriously.

Of course the properties will cost millions to repair but at least there
was
no loss of life. Incredible really!

There is more up to date news about the "London Tornado" at
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1824992006

I used to live near London but have retired to Scotland, not far north
of Edinburgh.

Earlier this year Birmingham also had a tornado which actually did more
damage than the London one. They have an interesting site at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4725711.stm

I lived near London during the 1980's when we had some terrific storms.
There was one October afternoon I remember pulling the sofa against the
sitting room wall and cowering behind it because the cement holding the
ridge tiles in place on the roof had been damaged. These heavy stone
blocks then came sliding down the roof at intervals, fetching even more
tiles off during their descent and landing in the garden just outside
the window. Luckily my husband was out at work and my sons at school as
we lost about one third of the roof that day.

We eventually managed to get a tiler to mend it but for several weeks we
had to manage with a tarpaulin on the roof keeping out the worst of the
weather. There was a lot of damage to property so roof tilers were at a
premium but no one was seriously hurt locally at that time..
Old December 8th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Ophelia spun a FINE 'yarn':

"ILovemyDoggie." wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope everyone is ok.

Four streets were hit, six people injured and only one seriously.

Of course the properties will cost millions to repair but at least
there was no loss of life. Incredible really!

Auntie O-
*we* heard 100 people were killed?????

Then your informant was wrong!

Old December 8th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Ophelia spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Ophelia spun a FINE 'yarn':

"ILovemyDoggie." wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope everyone is ok.

Four streets were hit, six people injured and only one seriously.

Of course the properties will cost millions to repair but at least
there was no loss of life. Incredible really!

Auntie O-
we heard 100 people were killed?????

Then your informant was wrong!

That's what we get for listening to stupid conservative-run CNN or FOX
instead of liberal MSNBC I guess,
Thanks, Auntie O!
Noreen

--