Cautionary tale

Old November 3rd 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Cautionary tale

Two years ago in preparation for a surface embroidery class I was teaching, I
stocked up on placemats that would be embellished and then sewn together for
tote bags. Not that long ago while making room for newly acquired things, I
stumbled on this stash and decided to try to get some of my money back. I
called the store and was told they would give me a refund for average price in
last 30 days as long as the price tags were still attached. When Ashley, the
clerk, scanned two of the mats and told me that she could give me $0.49 for one
and $0.75, I was dismayed, appalled, etc. They're worth more than that even if
I never use them so I decided to keep them.

moral of the story: If you've got things that you're not using and decide to
return them to the store, you might not get what you paid for them.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old November 4th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Since I work for a manufacturer, I can clear up your question - UPC
code are re-used. So the amounts that came up are for whatever they
are being used for now, not the amounts you paid two years ago.

Old November 5th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Linda D.

On Nov 3, 5:31*am, anne wrote:
[...]

I am also surprised they offered you anything for the items. I worked
retail for 17 years, and within the last 5 years or so most companies
have changed to a very firm return policy of full money back within 90
days of purchase with a receipt, but either last sale price (some
companies) or no money back without a receipt. Yes, the UPC codes are
reused, but the description that would come up on the computer screen
would probably be quite different than the original item. Ah yes, and
everyone should be careful of returning electronics or seasonal items
like camping equipment, there is often a "restocking fee" that is
deducted from your refund amount.

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

OT - cautionary traveller's tale Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney) Needlework 0 April 15th 08 06:27 PM
A tale of 2 blankets frood Quilting 2 July 2nd 06 01:58 PM
A tale of two machines Sharon Harper Quilting 4 May 12th 04 09:53 PM
Durability - a cautionary tale BeckiBead Beads 0 December 2nd 03 02:48 AM