Stained Glass and similar Groups ?

Old July 3rd 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

Default Stained Glass and similar Groups ?

Hey there,

Now tell me this.... Where is the stained glass group ? Is
rec.crafts.glass where those discussions take place ? If so, I'm
inclined to agree with "Kalera" and his "Good Lord" posting.....

/MM

Old July 4th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Jman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there,

Now tell me this.... Where is the stained glass group ? Is
rec.crafts.glass where those discussions take place ? If so, I'm
inclined to agree with "Kalera" and his "Good Lord" posting.....

/MM

This is the place and I'm pretty sure he's a she...

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old July 4th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

Hey there,

Now tell me this.... Where is the stained glass group ? Is
rec.crafts.glass where those discussions take place ? If so, I'm
inclined to agree with "Kalera" and his "Good Lord" posting.....

/MM

This is the place and I'm pretty sure he's a she...

--
JK Sinrodwww.SinrodStudios.comwww.MyConeyIslandMemori es.com

Ahhhh, I see.....

Well, firstly that's pretty sad (how slow this group is..) and
secondly "Miss Kalera's" post was right on the money as I too am
frustrated by the lack of posting over the last year or so... Too bad
really. I'd really like to see links to group members works or 'works
in progress' kinda thing. All the best,

/MM

Old July 4th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

"Jman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey there,

Now tell me this.... Where is the stained glass group ? Is
rec.crafts.glass where those discussions take place ? If so, I'm
inclined to agree with "Kalera" and his "Good Lord" posting.....

/MM

This is the place and I'm pretty sure he's a she...

--
JK Sinrodwww.SinrodStudios.comwww.MyConeyIslandMemori es.com

Ahhhh, I see.....

Well, firstly that's pretty sad (how slow this group is..) and
secondly "Miss Kalera's" post was right on the money as I too am
frustrated by the lack of posting over the last year or so... Too bad
really. I'd really like to see links to group members works or 'works
in progress' kinda thing. All the best,

/MM

Well geez, sorry to hear you are so frustrated.

Why don't you start? I haven't seen much of your name on here, post
something relevant? and since this is NOT a binaries group, post a link to
your work, let's see what you are up to. Do you earn a living at this or is
it "just for fun"?

Let's see more on this subject from you.

I have found in the past, that summer is when folks go outside and do
something else besides glass. I know I try to. as far as "the past year"
goes, there have been plenty of postings on here, but the "business" of
stained glass has been in decline for well over that, the wholesalers/
distributors/ manufacturers have seen it, and the retailers most of all.
As age creeps into the picture, a whole new generation is exposed to the
craft and art scene and with the advent of the computer, more avenues of
expression are there that were not there 20 years ago. Hence, differences
of passion in the arts. different exposures.

OK, that started the topic, run with it......

Old July 4th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Lauri Levanto

Default As requested

Jman wrote:
Hey there,

(...) I'd really like to see links to group members works or 'works
in progress' kinda thing. All the best,

/MM

Not stained glass, quite clean fused :-)
/home/lauri/lasi.local/pics/misc/la-folia1.jpg

La Folia variations
size 29x20 cm
-lauri
Old July 4th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Lauri Levanto

Sorry, here is the corrected URL
http://lauri.lsd.dk/lasi/pics/misc/la-folia1.jpg
-lauri

Lauri Levanto wrote:

Hey there,

Old July 5th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman@work

"Jman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey there,

Now tell me this.... Where is the stained glass group ? Is
rec.crafts.glass where those discussions take place ? If so, I'm
inclined to agree with "Kalera" and his "Good Lord" posting.....

/MM

This is the place and I'm pretty sure he's a she...

--
JK Sinrodwww.SinrodStudios.comwww.MyConeyIslandMemori es.com

Ahhhh, I see.....

Well, firstly that's pretty sad (how slow this group is..) and
secondly "Miss Kalera's" post was right on the money as I too am
frustrated by the lack of posting over the last year or so... Too bad
really. I'd really like to see links to group members works or 'works
in progress' kinda thing. All the best,

/MM

You can't complain about who's in office, if you don't vote. Make a few
hundred posts a year like we do, and then you can be counted.

Old July 6th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

On Jul 5, 11:18 am, "Glassman@work" wrote:
"Jman" wrote in message

[...]

JK Sinrodwww.SinrodStudios.comwww.MyConeyIslandMemori es.com- Hide quoted text -

Well, I don't know about you but I normally don't have to vote until
there's an election. That 'one' vote can make all the difference.
The same applies to these groups and more so to this particular
one..... I'll ask the questions when ready and perhaps someone will
answer. I have nothing much to contribute as I am knew to this "Glass
Craft", but in any event, I just voted.

/MM

Old July 6th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

oups.com...
"Jman" wrote in message

[...]

Let me see if I got this correct.
You'll ask a question when you have one, and would like an answer, but until
then this group is not supposed to be "dead" or dormant, or slow. We, those
with nothing to post but should anyway, should be ready and at your beck and
call when our knowledge is needed for something that you are "knew" at?

Post the question you might have and it will be answered, until then
quitcherbitchin about nothing or you won't be taken seriously when you do
want to know something new. or at least, that is my thoughts on the matter.

It's summer, go swimmin'!!

Potter Glass painting stained glass manual 1880 FA JaneyP Marketplace 0 February 15th 06 12:22 AM
just stained glass Will Woodard Glass 7 September 24th 05 01:30 AM
Stained Glass Dave Glass 38 May 28th 04 07:05 AM
stained glass? Liam Striker Glass 7 November 4th 03 04:43 AM