New project idea, but need advice...

Old March 2nd 05, 05:47 AM
Marissa Undercofler

Default New project idea, but need advice...

I have been thinking of making "chocolates" with polymer clay for my sister
for her birthday. I don't want to use my polymer clay to make the middle
(don't have any scrap). So, the advice I need is what to use to make the
shapes...I don't care what it is, as long as it can stay inside the clay
without harming it, and won't burn in the oven...

Marissa

Old March 2nd 05, 09:33 AM
Su/Cutworks

Marissa wrote:

I have been thinking of making "chocolates" with polymer clay for my sister
for her birthday. I don't want to use my polymer clay to make the middle
(don't have any scrap). So, the advice I need is what to use to make the
shapes...I don't care what it is, as long as it can stay inside the clay
without harming it, and won't burn in the oven...

I'm certainly no expert but I've been reading a book on making lifelike
animals and the author uses crumpled up balls of aluminium foil. I would
think that should work for your chocolates too!

-Su

Old March 2nd 05, 02:15 PM
Diana Curtis

Yep, thats what I would suggest too. Then, blow out an egg and make her a
decorated permanent easter egg!
Diana, the enabler

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

Old March 2nd 05, 10:22 PM
Su/Cutworks

Diana wrote:

Yep, thats what I would suggest too. Then, blow out an egg and make her a
decorated permanent easter egg!
Diana, the enabler

You're not presenting yourself fairly, Diana. You're the UberEnabler, and
you know it! ;-)

I love the idea of the egg and the chocolates.

-Su

Old March 3rd 05, 12:00 AM
Diana Curtis

Oh, now you're making it sound like I hang out around schools handing out
free samples of clay to get kids hooked.. .. hey little kiddy... the first
one is free... heehee..
hmm.. come to think of it I have done exactly that.
Diana, UberEnabler

Old March 5th 05, 02:45 PM
Su/Cutworks

Diana wrote:

Oh, now you're making it sound like I hang out around schools handing out
free samples of clay to get kids hooked.. .. hey little kiddy... the first
one is free... heehee..
hmm.. come to think of it I have done exactly that.
Diana, UberEnabler

*snort*

See? Even from hundreds of miles away, I knew!!!

-Su