How I found time to quilt today

Old March 1st 04, 03:11 AM
Helen Hansen-Pye

Default How I found time to quilt today

You are one smart cookie!! Dont tell, it's perfect the way it is!!

Cheers
HelenNZ
"Jan" wrote in message
link.net...
Hubby and I were splitting up duties today.... I gave him the choice,
either 1) watch the daughter and groom the Old English Sheepdog or 2) do
laundry, dishes, clean the oven, bake bread, and make ice cream. Silly

man
picked option one. You should have seen the look on his face when he
walked by my quilting room. I slowly smiled and said I'm doing it all and
I have 25 minutes until the ice cream has to be taken it out of the maker.
:-) If only I could have captured the look on his face. Meanwhile many
hours later and poor Sunshine is only half brushed. Should I take pity on
him?? Or just teach him how the appliances work?? lol!

--
Jan

http://home.earthlink.net/~dunawayjan

Old March 1st 04, 10:54 AM
Roberta Zollner

Go ahead and tell him, it probably won't sink in. My DH is totally
intimidated by any appliance with more than 1 button to push.
Roberta in D

Old March 1st 04, 01:57 PM
Kate Dicey

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Go ahead and tell him, it probably won't sink in. My DH is totally
intimidated by any appliance with more than 1 button to push.
Roberta in D

I am teaching my son how to work the washing machine. He already knows how to
work the fridge, microwave, oven, vacuum cleaner, and electric toothbrush. I am
having trouble with teaching the use of the loo brush and the concept of using
a CLEAN damp cloth to wipe the kitchen surfaces...

The appliance he really wants to play with is the Vax - wet and dry vacuum
cleaner I used on the soup!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old March 1st 04, 02:26 PM
Packrat

LOL... my DS (2 1/2 years old nearly 3) can work the drier! he will take the
washing from the washing machine and put it in the drier (removing dry
washing as needed) and switch it on 8-)

got to get it in early...LOL

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
http://www.geocities.com/jess_ayad/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am teaching my son how to work the washing machine. He already knows

how to work the fridge, microwave, oven, vacuum cleaner, and electric
toothbrush. --
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

---

Old March 1st 04, 04:01 PM
Roberta Zollner

That's the secret, get them while they're young and easily trainable!
DH is extremely intelligent, but anything with heating elements or moving
parts immediately falls to bits when he lays a hand on it. He can just about
manage to use the microwave, but only if it's for something that won't
self-destruct after 30 seconds of zapping. (If 15 seconds is good, a minute
must be 4 times as good, right?)
We have a good working arrangement: I install hardware, he de-bugs the
software. I do Ikea assembly, he lifts heavy boxes.
Roberta in D

Old March 2nd 04, 12:43 AM
Kate Dicey

Roberta Zollner wrote:

That's the secret, get them while they're young and easily trainable!
DH is extremely intelligent, but anything with heating elements or moving
parts immediately falls to bits when he lays a hand on it. He can just about
manage to use the microwave, but only if it's for something that won't
self-destruct after 30 seconds of zapping. (If 15 seconds is good, a minute
must be 4 times as good, right?)
We have a good working arrangement: I install hardware, he de-bugs the
software. I do Ikea assembly, he lifts heavy boxes.
Roberta in D

Our arrangement is a little simpler... Or more complex! If I don't
want to do
it, he or James learn how or go without! Luckily, while DH's job is in
computing, he's an engineer of the 'everything must come apart somehow'
type, so
things tend to be fixed if at all possible. DH likes instructions, but
with a
recipe and the oven handbook, can get an edible meal together. James is
working
out much like his dad. This is certainly satisfactory, though he is
TRYING to
resist the 'how to clean up' lessons. However, I have 3 distinct
advantages
over him in this war:
I'm his mother (always a winner with little boys!)
I was a teacher of refunix for over 20 years
I'm female!

Old March 2nd 04, 01:58 AM
Polly Esther

Kate, translation please. Refunix is a new word for me. Just exactly what
were you teaching? Polly

"Kate Dicey" wrote . However, I have 3 distinct advantages over him in

Old March 2nd 04, 04:53 AM
Mystified One

Appliances? I use a de-tangler on my chow!
Unless you mean clippers...

Old March 2nd 04, 05:55 PM
ginmaru

The ways I find time to quilt:

I bring a small box of handwork to my job and work on it during breaks
and lunch. It helps relieve the stress of my job. There are a few
people who owe their lives to this little box.

I just give up on the house and work on Cory's quilt.

I have cats. They are self cleaning.

My beloved DH is in charge of the kitchen. It was either that or the
bathrooms. I get bathroom duty. I usually clean and use a damp rag on
the floor while Moby Dick and Captain Ahab (Sam and Cory) are playing
in the tub.

I gave up on finding my back yard. It is still there somewhere but I
tell people that I am returning a portion of Florida to the wild. I do
have lots of birds and squirrels and the occasional possum. I found
the perfect way to grow camellias. You plant them and ignore them for
7 years. Worked for me. They grow slow but I don't find any diseases
on them. oh well, so much for my plans for a garden.

Ginny in too darned hot for Winter Tallahassee.

p.s. Cory vaccuums, helps stuff clothes in the dryer, and bakes
cookies. He is in charge of eggs. At 5, it can be an experience
watching him get eggs out of the frig. Sam helps Glenn with the dishes
by taking them out of the dishwasher and putting them back in the sink
while is trying to load it! He also closes the dishwasher for his Dad.