OT ~ question??? (rant enclosed)

Old August 25th 03, 06:11 AM
Mj

Default OT ~ question??? (rant enclosed)

RANT BEGINS HERE
Okay, I admit I'm in a ****y mood tonight, but WHY do people NOT read the
instructions on my eBay item pages. Is it UNCLEAR that I DON'T want people
to pay for anything until I SEND them a freaking INVOICE?!?!?!?!?!

Do I have to put that in 72 point type at the top of EVERY item??????

This rant is brought to you by the third instance of this happening just
today... Now I'll have to go back and nicely tell this person that they
would have saved themselves some money if they had only waited. Sheesh...

END OF RANT

Thank you.

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

Old August 25th 03, 06:48 AM
Carol in SLC

RANT BEGINS HERE
Okay, I admit I'm in a ****y mood tonight, but WHY do people NOT read the

instructions on my eBay item pages. Is it UNCLEAR that I DON'T want people to
pay for anything until I SEND them a freaking INVOICE?!?!?!?!?!

I almost never wait for invoices. I generally only read far enough to see if
the seller will accept Paypal (cash or charge), and then I try to pay pay
immediately at the close of auction. I imagine I'm not the only buyer who does
things this way. Sorry if we infuriate you!

Carol in SLC
New jewelry: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hillrose.jpg
Old August 25th 03, 07:04 AM
Mj

If you buy only ONE item, that's fine and never a problem. But if you buy
10 3mm strands and pay what you *think* my shipping charge will be, I can
almost guarantee that you'd be wrong. It costs a bunch less to ship 10 3mm
strands of beads than it would to ship 10 8mm cat's eye strands. I combine
shipping according to weight, not number of items, so your charge to ship
the 3mm beads would be $1.50 - $1.75, while the 8mm Cat's eyes would be
close to $3.00. THAT'S why I ask people to wait - and why Mary said what
she did about charging them the extra shipping.

Fast payment never infuriates me, but geez, give me a chance to SAVE you
some money so you can buy MORE beads!

Mj

Old August 25th 03, 07:26 AM
Mj

Oh I just KNEW you would bring that up!! LOL!! I didn't have any dollar
bills in my wallet and had to send you the quarters. And I didn't want them
to be rattling around in the package to damage your silver - so I....
WRAPPED THEM IN BUBBLE WRAP!! What's so funny about that??? snicker,
snort! Made YOU laugh didn't it?? Which was my intent all along...

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline
Halsey Trading Company
eBay ID: ladymorgause
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=1146230
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ladymor gause
=================================

"Mary Rurup" wrote in message
k.net...
and don't forget to correct her if she makes a mistake, so she can correct
it before she has to send you back a refund in the package, and has to
bubblewrap the $1.50! :-)

mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.

Old August 25th 03, 12:45 PM
Louis Cage

There seems to be some kind of an automatic program that sends payment
immediately after the auction closes. I got some payments the other day
that looked too fast to be human generated.

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

Old August 25th 03, 02:57 PM
Karen_AZ

I soooo agree with you!!!! In defense of the illiterates and impulsives and
just plain obedient folks out there, Ebay makes it very difficult to do
anything "beyond the pale" in terms of completing auctions. They send you
their automatic notices, and they have those pesky "pay now" buttons on your
My Ebay pages to make you want to comply. Even if you enter a message for
Ebay's auto-invoicing, it's small and not in an obvious place. :-(

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old August 26th 03, 02:06 AM
Cheryl

Now I'll have to go back and nicely tell this person that they
would have saved themselves some money if they had only waited. Sheesh...

why do you have to tell them

If they fail to FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
then they should be stuck with their choices....

their choice - their cost....
I would not bother to explain.
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old August 26th 03, 02:09 AM
Cheryl

I didn't have any dollar
bills in my wallet and had to send you the quarters. And I didn't want them
to be rattling around in the package to damage your silver - so I....
WRAPPED THEM IN BUBBLE WRAP!! What's so funny about that???

LOL
now THAT IS funny -
If I have someone who overpays by just a bit I often email them an offer to
send a "suprise" worth the difference...
99.99 % of the time - they'd rather have the surprise....
so I send one of my lampwork beads --
you know -you make five to get four that match - then you have that fifth
oddball that just lies around waiting for a home...
that's what I usually send.... G

Old August 26th 03, 05:08 AM
Christina Peterson

I agree. I always figure that if I don't ask, it's the price I pay.

Tina

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Now I'll have to go back and nicely tell this person that they
would have saved themselves some money if they had only waited.

Sheesh...

why do you have to tell them

If they fail to FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
then they should be stuck with their choices....

their choice - their cost....
I would not bother to explain.
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

de-lurking with a color question Jennifer Moore Beads 8 August 16th 03 09:42 PM
Question about finished pieces Marissa Undercofler Beads 19 August 13th 03 05:54 PM
Posting Question angela Beads 25 August 7th 03 12:57 PM
Flex Shaft question Karen_AZ Beads 13 August 1st 03 06:44 PM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM