Christmas quilt pictures are posted!

Old January 1st 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Christmas quilt pictures are posted!

We were able to deliver the last quilt today and I took some great pictures.
This one went to my SIL who already knew that the others got a quilt (her
brother spilled the beans) but even knowing, she was going nuts in
anticipation of getting hers. All quilts are now delivered. Some have
asked if it's ok to use them! Others wanted to know how to display it (hang
rather than use). I offered to put sleeves on ones that they preferred to
display. I think some thought using them would be irreverent. I told them
that it was very ok to use them. I thought it very special that the first
thing they all did was to smell the blocks. The quilts were presented at
three different times, and they all smelled the blocks. The shirts were
clean when they were given to me but I didn't wash them before I cut them
up. I even used blocks that had some slight staining. I thought it gave
the quilt character.

Here are some of the pictures.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569461327ipVTpN

Alice in NJ
Happy New Year!

Old January 1st 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

All I can think of is WOW!! You did such an amazing job, they look
great! Your such a wonderful person for doing those. Thanx so much for
sharing.
Take Care
Joanna

Old January 1st 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

those are great. you did good.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old January 1st 09, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

What a great memory quilt for your I-L's - they are lucky to have you for a
S-I-L. They got a quilt full of loved shirts of their dad's & the love you
put into making it - bonus!!

Pauline
Northern California

Old January 1st 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti (formerly) in Seattle

Alice, the quilts are just wonderful, and so beautifully done. What a
special, SPECIAL gift for all the recipients - bless you for giving
them something to hold on to and love.

Patti (formerly) in Seattle

Old January 1st 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

They brought tears to my eyes! It's such a wonderful gift, and I just love
the thought that they smelled the blocks. You did a wonderful job, and
they'll all be able to feel their dad give them a hug when they need it as
time goes by.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old January 2nd 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Totally beautiful!! Great, Great job.

amy in CNy
Old January 2nd 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

What can I say? These quilts are the perfect memorials of a man who
was obviously very loved. So beautiful and I can only imagine the
emotions that were swirling.

Sunny