Christmas quilt pictures are posted!

Old January 2nd 09, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Christmas quilt pictures are posted!

Mighty proud of you Alice. I know the quilts mean a lot to them. Polly

"DiMa" wrote in message
Very loving and thoughtful gifts to them all.
Well done.
Di

"AliceW" wrote in message
We were able to deliver the last quilt today and I took some great
pictures.
This one went to my SIL who already knew that the others got a quilt (her
brother spilled the beans) but even knowing, she was going nuts in
anticipation of getting hers. All quilts are now delivered. Some have
asked if it's ok to use them! Others wanted to know how to display it
(hang
rather than use). I offered to put sleeves on ones that they preferred
display. I think some thought using them would be irreverent. I told
them
that it was very ok to use them. I thought it very special that the
first
thing they all did was to smell the blocks. The quilts were presented at
three different times, and they all smelled the blocks. The shirts were
clean when they were given to me but I didn't wash them before I cut them
up. I even used blocks that had some slight staining. I thought it gave
the quilt character.

Here are some of the pictures.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569461327ipVTpN

Alice in NJ
Happy New Year!

Old January 2nd 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"AliceW" wrote:

We were able to deliver the last quilt today and I took some great pictures.
This one went to my SIL who already knew that the others got a quilt (her
brother spilled the beans) but even knowing, she was going nuts in
anticipation of getting hers. All quilts are now delivered. Some have
asked if it's ok to use them! Others wanted to know how to display it (hang
rather than use). I offered to put sleeves on ones that they preferred to
display. I think some thought using them would be irreverent. I told them
that it was very ok to use them. I thought it very special that the first
thing they all did was to smell the blocks. The quilts were presented at
three different times, and they all smelled the blocks. The shirts were
clean when they were given to me but I didn't wash them before I cut them
up. I even used blocks that had some slight staining. I thought it gave
the quilt character.

Here are some of the pictures.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569461327ipVTpN

Alice in NJ
Happy New Year!

Oh, Alice, those are even nicer than I'd imagined! No wonder everyone
was so pleased and touched!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 2nd 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I think the thoughtfulness of the idea, the work involved (even though
it was a labour of love it still took a lot of time) , and the happiness
it brought to so many people, far outweighs the beauty of the quilts
themselves.
This is something which will rightly go down in family history. You
have done a unique and very wonderful thing, Alice.

The quilts are bright and full of memories.
..
In message , AliceW
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 2nd 09, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Those are wonderful quilts, Alice! They are like photo albums, with
memories of your FIL in every block. Your husband and his siblings are so
lucky to have you in the family!

I love the quilting, too, so suggestive of water.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old January 2nd 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

They are all wonderful -I really like the use of mixed red and blue
sashing. And tell your quilter she did great! The fishing flies design
is just perfect. They all look so happy with their quilts!
Roberta in D

Old January 2nd 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

Alice, what a glorious gift you've given them all. I got a little misty
looking at the pictures. Beautifully done.
Liz

Old January 2nd 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

Alice, all your planning turned out perfectly! The recipients'
expressions are priceless. Good for you!

Nann

Old January 2nd 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

What awesome, awesome quilts, Alice! It was neat to see the pictures of
everyone receiving his/her quilt. I especially enjoyed the picture where
one of the men is pointing at a particular square. I can almost hear him
say something like, "I remember when Dad wore this shirt...." Cool fishing
theme in the borders, backing, and quilting.

You must feel so successful and happy!
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old January 3rd 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is amazing Alice. Thank you so much for sharing these photos.
I can't even imagine how much love is in these quilts. You have a
lucky family.
Taria

Old January 3rd 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Well done, Alice! I was interested to see the sashing variations you used.
My favorite is the one with red going one way and blue going the other; the
quilt held by the red haired woman wearing eyeglasses. But, ALL the quilts
are delightful! PAT