OT time change

Old October 29th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Default OT time change

just checked with DH, it was actually all versions of windows that had
an error, the last weekend in october thingy was hard coded rather than
pulled from an external source when the event happens. All versions have
been fixed if you are uptodate with updates and service packs.
--
Cheers

Anne
http://baltimorealbum.blogspot.com/
Old October 29th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter[_2_]

Default time change.....the REAL reason for confusion.

Very interesting Val!

My country never used to do the DST, but has started recently, which
makes a mess of my phonecalls home- some times during the year we have 4
hours of difference, sometimes it is 5 hours difference, and soon it
will be 6 hours, since they change in one direction, being in the
Southern Hemisphere, and we change in the opposite... of course, it is
never synchronized, they do it the first Sunday in October...

Val wrote:

Up until now the use of energy and industrial resources was the explained
rational for flip flopping the time around. HOWEVER, this last change in the
extension of Daylight Saving Time into November was mandated by our (if you
are in the USA) fearless leader, Gee-Dubya, as a way to encourage greater
voter participation, his theory being that more people would go to the polls
if it was still light when they returned home from work. The U.S. law,
taking effect in 2007, pushes the end of Daylight Saving Time to the first
Sunday in November. This little law was slipped through as part of a
negotiation concession in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, to take effect in
2007 but it has nothing to do with "energy".

--

Dr.Quilter
drquilter at gmail dot com
Old October 29th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

There is no bad time for you to call your mama though.
I'll bet she enjoys hearing from you whenever you call.

Taria

Old October 29th 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

"melinda" wrote
We changed over this weekend, forward to daylight saving.
I'm usually a little off put by the change forward, takes me about
a week to get used to getting dinner ready when the sun is still
in the sky.

Yes, we changed here in the West too, amid much controversy. We've
previously had three referendums which rejected daylight savings, but the
state government in its 'wisdom' decided to bring in a three year trial last
year. We don't need it here as we get heaps of daylight and plenty of heat
to go with it. They just didn't want the businesses to be three hours behind
the east (Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra). Now we have so many different
time zones in Australia because NT and Qld also don't change their clocks.
It's all a bit ridiculous really!

Besides, how am I supposed to be out getting all that exercise in that extra
hour when I'm still hungry and ready for dinner at 6pm and the news is still
on then? Oh well.
--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Old October 29th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

I'm sure the extra week has no effect on energy saving, at least in this
latitude. We (Germany) changed over the weekend, and as a result did NOT
have to turn lights on to get up this morning.
Roberta in D

"Sandy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In article .com,
Ginger in CA wrote:

Next Sunday 11/4 at 2AM the time rolls back one hour for those of us
who have Daylight Savings time changes.

AT&T in their inimitable [gotta love that word!] wisdom, changed the
clocks this weekend instead. So says my computer clock.

Sigh..........

Ginger in CA
skies are clear blue this morning, so I took a careful walk at sunrise
and remembered how much I missed those walks in the last 10 days

Most of the rest of the world did change their clocks today, Ginger. Our
DST is being delayed as a means, theoretically, of saving energy. I
suspect it doesn't really help much, if at all. :S

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

Old October 29th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

Default OT time change (whine)

I have to work next Saturday & Sunday nights- so it will be a 13.5 hour
shift instead of 12.5 hours. We all (nurses)have to guess when to adjust our
medication passes, and at least 1 day shift person will come in at the wrong
time. I do get paid for the extra hour, though.

Jane in NE Ohio

Old November 5th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter[_2_]

you are right. but the time difference can be scary. when I lived in
rome, she used to call me at 2 AM, confused about the time difference,
and when I sounded all weird she thought something was wrong... it is
also scary on the other side to get calls in the middle of the night,
you always thing something bad happened. of course, this is not the case
now, 4,5 or 6 hours still allow you to talk at somehow reasonable
hours.. )

Change of name Cats Quilting 1 March 1st 06 10:17 PM
Time for a Change *FAQ related* Diana Curtis Quilting 12 June 18th 04 05:10 PM
PSA - time change for some this weekend Kellie J. Berger Quilting 35 November 1st 03 08:56 PM