Little blue sewing machine

Old December 9th 05, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Little blue sewing machine

I'm thinking about getting the Canadian version [sears--made by Janome, so
I'm assuming it's the little gem?] as a take-to-class machine: my machine is
showing the wear from being toted about so much. Any comments folks?

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old December 9th 05, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am also looking at sears for a new sewing machine
and just 5 minuets ago I got off the phone with the sears sewing guy..
I was asking about returns or problems with the 19606
it was so far nothing.. but he was telling me about the little blue sewing
machine just like you talked about in your post.. said they get a lot of
them back, and people fussing about them.. since I am not in the market for
that sewing machine.. I didn't ask more about it..
You may want to call your sears see what they say about it..
He did say it is the same sewing machine that they are running on sale now..
We don't receive "there" paper so I cannot be sure what he was talking
about.. but your post just popped out when It said " little blue sewing
machine" because that is just what he said too me!!
here is sears web site, this will take you right too the sewing machines
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/categ...26+Accessories

Old December 10th 05, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Only this - I'm so glad you're getting a take-to-class machine. The very
notion of carrying around my beloved SMs on trips give me the shivvvvers.
The only trips they get to take are to the dealer for tune-ups. Polly

Old December 10th 05, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Heck, my machines travel so much, they think they're human. My Designer 1
has been to VT and surrounding areas, plus many places here. My Babyloc has
been around OH and MI (both go to MI frequently). I put them in their case
in the back seat and put the seat belt under the handle of the case and hook
it. I refuse to have a machine that I can't take wherever I want-quilt
show, classes trips, etc.
Gen

nk.net...

Old December 10th 05, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mom has the Jenome Harmony 8080 from Sears and is very happy.
I have used it a few times since she can never remember
how to do things like put on her walking foot or wind her
bobbin. It is really very nice, runs smoothing, and
very quiet.

Debbi in SO CA

Old December 10th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Christina in Ok wrote:
.. but he was telling me about the little blue sewing
machine just like you talked about in your post.. said they get a lot of
them back, and people fussing about them..

If I were in the market for one, I'd want to know why people were
returning them. Some of them were probably returned because of
unrealistic unexpectations. Since they are pretty inexpensive, I can see
people buying them based solely on price and then expecting them to
perform like an expensive full-sized machine. I certainly wouldn't want
one of them for my main machine. I looked at them and decided I might
not even be satisfied with one for classes and retreats so I will
continue to haul my Elna to classes. Several of my friends have Janome
Jems for classes, etc., and really like them; if this is comparable, you
may be very happy with it.

It seems to me that someone on this group reported awhile back that she
had bought one of these machines and was happy with it. I'm not sure now
who it was.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 10th 05, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I bought a small Janome for workshops etc; but it wasn't a Little Gem or
even a Gem Gold. Having seen them - even though I read good reports on
them - I decided that one of the full size, low end of range Janomes
would be better. I think it was mostly so that I could lower feed dogs
and things like that which I might have needed at a class. I haven't
used it much - certainly not 'run in' yet - but it seems fine.
..
In message , Julia in MN
writes

It seems to me that someone on this group reported awhile back that she
had bought one of these machines and was happy with it. I'm not sure
now who it was.

Julia in MN

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 11th 05, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I got one of the little blue sewing machines to use when I was on call
overnight at the hospital (how addicted is that???), and was surprised by
how decent it is. Runs very smoothly, nice even stitches... I'm not getting
rid of my Viking Designer or Featherweight, but I just may take it to
classes.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

--

"KI Graham" wrote in message
I'm thinking about getting the Canadian version [sears--made by Janome,
so I'm assuming it's the little gem?] as a take-to-class machine: my
machine is showing the wear from being toted about so much. Any comments
folks?

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

Euro-Pro or Craft-N-Sew Sewing Machine Catherine K. Needlework 2 August 25th 05 11:56 AM
FAQ, QOM, QuiltPro questions. Betsy Ross Quilting 9 March 23rd 05 04:39 PM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 2 January 24th 05 06:57 PM
FAQs for June Diana Curtis Quilting 14 June 5th 04 10:53 AM
Welcome to RCTQ FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 10 November 3rd 03 05:43 PM