Are astatine-based polymers more stable than chlorine-based ???

Old November 20th 04, 03:09 AM
Hans-Marc Olsen

Default Are astatine-based polymers more stable than chlorine-based ???

I heard that astatine-based polymers are the best.

Is that true or not?
Old November 20th 04, 04:15 PM
Diana Curtis

Yes, and quilting is a sin. hoooohahahahahaha!!!!! LOL
Diana
mildly amusing troll here folks

--
Weird people need beads, too
m...

Old November 20th 04, 07:36 PM
Arondelle

Diana Curtis wrote:

Yes, and quilting is a sin. hoooohahahahahaha!!!!! LOL
Diana
mildly amusing troll here folks

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Hans-Marc Olsen" wrote in message
m...

I heard that astatine-based polymers are the best.

Is that true or not?

Or maybe a refugee from the chemical engineers' newsgroup?

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net

Old November 20th 04, 11:26 PM
Sjpolyclay

Yes, and quilting is a sin. hoooohahahahahaha!!!!! LOL
Diana

Not! only if you use cotton/poly blends. THEN its a sin.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old November 21st 04, 12:40 AM
Jalynne

Not even then, if you don't mix it with 100% cotton...and the only reason for that
would be the shrinkage and stretch factors. Then again...there is crazy quilting
where pretty much anything goes...even beads...heehee.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old November 21st 04, 10:16 PM
Sjpolyclay

Not even then, if you don't mix it with 100% cotton...and the only reason for
that
would be the shrinkage and stretch factors. Then again...there is crazy
quilting
where pretty much anything goes...even beads...heehee.

oh, I love crazy quilts---I have one I'm working on in strips, every once in a
while.....all satins and silks and velvets. Which, according to the Bible in
Deuteronomy( I think---someone's sure to know the right part) *is* Actually A
Sin, breaking the rule to not have mixed fibers in fabric and wear more than
one kind. so, I'm an outlaw, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, thats what I am. I've got
cotton AND wool on today.

Obligatory Polymer Clay Reference: I make crazy quilt pins using the premo
pearlized clays and stamping on the "embroidery" with the Pearl-X powders

Old November 22nd 04, 05:35 AM
Jalynne

Ah, but since you don't actually WEAR the quilt, you get out by a loophole. I'll
have to look up that reference in Deut. I'll let you know if I find it.

Old November 22nd 04, 05:46 AM
Jalynne

Ah, found it. Deuteronomy 22:11 - "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven
together." Also found in Leviticus 19:19. It has more to do with the Judaic laws of
separation, because God wanted them to be a "peculiar people". As far as I'm
concerned, it really doesn't apply to people that are not of the Jewish faith, but
this is interesting enough that I'm gonna ask my pastor about it, and do some
studying.

Old November 22nd 04, 03:49 PM
Sjpolyclay

Ah, but since you don't actually WEAR the quilt, you get out by a loophole.

ah, but when its done I will....there are days in the middle of a winter funk
that the blankets DO qualify as wearables!

Old November 22nd 04, 03:53 PM
Sjpolyclay

Ah, found it. Deuteronomy 22:11 - "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen
woven
together." Also found in Leviticus 19:19. It has more to do with the Judaic
laws of
separation, because God wanted them to be a "peculiar people". As far as I'm

concerned, it really doesn't apply to people that are not of the Jewish
faith, but
this is interesting enough that I'm gonna ask my pastor about it, and do some

studying.

Thank you Jalynne, for looking it up and telling. Since I don't use linen much
ever at all, I guess I'm safe! I recall being told long ago that this was part
of a "sumptuary" law, one that kept people from getting too fancy, stylish and
concerned with wordly things. There have been others in varying times and
cultures, having to do with who gets to wear purple, when its ok to wear color
and when you must wear black, whose lace is allowed to be long....alll sorts of
stuff.