Done! woohoo!!

Old May 19th 05, 10:34 PM
pajaritaflora

Default Done! woohoo!!

Hi,
Ive finally finished the Desert Scene (I've got to get better names).
Just moments ago I completed it. I was too tired to go on last night.
It is silk top with marker and paint, hand quilted all the way to the
edge. I like this finishing much better than my attempt at binding. I
quilted to within a half inch from the hoop, cut out the circle and
turned right sides in. It was similar to needle turn. It went a little
slow there but it was worth it. I've included the desert inspirations
for this peice.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y103/P...g%20Projects/?

Woohoo! Now I get to start another one.

Mary Ann

Old May 19th 05, 11:16 PM
Betsy Ross

Love your work; love the desert.

Susan

Old May 20th 05, 02:51 AM
pajaritaflora

Betsy Ross wrote:
Love your work; love the desert.

Susan

Thanks

MYE

Old May 20th 05, 03:15 AM
Sherry Starr

I just love it! I love Southwest type quilts. Did you do it from the
photo? DH & I love the desert - but we also like the mountains, lol. I
guess that is why we love the Southwestern part of the U. S.

Sherry Starr

Old May 20th 05, 03:44 AM
pajaritaflora

Sherry Starr wrote:
I just love it! I love Southwest type quilts. Did you do it from

the
photo? DH & I love the desert - but we also like the mountains, lol.

guess that is why we love the Southwestern part of the U. S.

Sherry Starr

Thanks Sherry,
I did the painting on the scene and took photos of it. It's in Vail
Arizona. I live in Rhode Island but travel to the southwest a bit. I
lived in New Mexico 24 years ago. I'm looking for property in a small
town somewhere in southern Arizona. Gotta get out of this hub bub.

Mary Ann

Old May 20th 05, 08:23 AM
Patti

It's gorgeous, Mary Ann.
Your collection of these is wonderful.
..
In message .com,
pajaritaflora writes
Hi,
Ive finally finished the Desert Scene (I've got to get better names).
Just moments ago I completed it. I was too tired to go on last night.
It is silk top with marker and paint, hand quilted all the way to the
edge. I like this finishing much better than my attempt at binding. I
quilted to within a half inch from the hoop, cut out the circle and
turned right sides in. It was similar to needle turn. It went a little
slow there but it was worth it. I've included the desert inspirations
for this peice.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y103/P...g%20Projects/?

Woohoo! Now I get to start another one.

Mary Ann

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old May 20th 05, 01:41 PM
Roberta Zollner

Ooh, I like that one the best yet! Are the cactus spines embroidered or part
of the silk painting?
Roberta in D

WooHoo Stash Shopping! Tina Quilting 35 April 15th 05 04:04 PM
Semi-OT- Woohoo! Look at this piece of glass.....!!! Su/Cutworks Beads 10 January 18th 05 06:08 PM
woohoo CNYstitcher Quilting 2 June 10th 04 03:50 AM
woohoo...JoAnn bargain...what a day! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 August 17th 03 02:57 AM
woohoo...making progress!! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 July 30th 03 12:39 PM