WIP - my first bed sized quilt!

Old October 11th 04, 08:11 PM
Chipper

Doesn't it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling when your QI approves so
wholeheartedly of your work?? Your Grandchildren will have a lot of fun
playing with their special quilts.
chipper

"muse9" wrote in message
I am making two I Spy quilts - one for each grandchild and I finally have
the first one all pieced except for the borders! It is twin size and just
the second quilt I've ever made. Yes, it still is a WIP but I finally

have
the 108 four inch squares sewn together with sashings. I'm using one of

the
patterns from the Ami Simms Picture Play book. I have two of each fussy

cut
square so that the kids can play match games in addition to I Spy games

with
it. When I was arranging the squares on my design wall my DH kept coming

in
and trying to match up all the pictures! Maybe I should make him an I Spy
quilt too!

This will be my first attempt in sewing on borders as I did not use them

in
my first small quilt. I am also curious how the machine quilting progress
will go when I do get the layers all put together as this will be the
largest top I have tried to quilt on my machine. But I love learning new
things!

I have pics of the top minus borders and also a picture of the border
fabrics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/198414237nLzCdf

Everyone here has been so helpful to me in learning and keeping up on this
wonderful new hobby of mine! Thanks to all of you!

Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

delete "removespam" to reply

Old October 11th 04, 09:57 PM
muse9

Yes, the QIs opinions are very important! I am hoping my grandchildren will
enjoy these quilts as well!

Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

. com...

Old October 13th 04, 03:47 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:08:59 -0500, "muse9"
wrote:

[...]

Great quilt! And I love the picture of the blissfully happy cat,
wrapped in the quilt. You'll have to make him one now, you know!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old October 13th 04, 04:17 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

Let me just echo everybody else: it is brilliant! Do you mind if I copy?
He, he. I need to do another baby quilt (just by Christmas, since I'm
already late, why fret) and I was thinking of "just" squares for an I
Spy quilt, but I like it a lot with the sashing + corner stones. And I'd
get to practise matching up some more, right?

Hanne

Old October 14th 04, 12:07 AM
muse9

Thanks Johanna! Both of my cats are happiest when in the middle of any
sewing project I have going on! They are big fabric lovers and know the
difference between ordinary fabric and quilting fabric! I've started
putting many of my fabric scraps in a basket they like to sleep in and they
love it!

Bonnie

Old October 14th 04, 12:12 AM
muse9

Thank you Hanne! I don't mind at all if you copy but it is not my design -
I got it from the Ami Simms Picture Play book. She has other I Spy styles
featured as well. I really like the way the sashing frames and separates
the squares and that is why I chose that one. It is not hard to do -
obviously since I am very much a beginner! After I finish this one for my
grandson then I have another one to do for his older sister. That one will
have more "girly" pictures!

Bonnie

Old October 14th 04, 12:16 AM
KJ

Bonnie, I love the pictures of your sewing room. It looks so organized and
peaceful. It must be a joy to work in there. I need to get mine whipped in
to shape. It's starting to get too much stuff jammed in.
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old October 14th 04, 02:57 AM
muse9

Thank you Kathyl! It is a very small basement room that I just finished
this summer but I do love it! It now has a treadmill in it also but that
actually does not get in the way as much as I thought it might. (plus it
folds up) I guess with a small room I can say I save steps going from the
sewing machine to the cutting/ironing table. I used to cut in one room,
iron in another and sew in a third room!

I love your room and that nice big window! A big window is one thing I miss
in a basement room but that is why I painted the room a cheerful yellow -
trying to keep it from looking like a dark basement.

Bonnie