My new entry

Old June 27th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default My new entry

On Jun 27, 2:09*pm, Taria wrote:
....and wouldn't need a sleeve! *Your little cabinet is great.
Your work is a joy to see. *Thanks for sharing.
Taria

John wrote:

Wood Quilt. Hmm. Let me think about that. There are definite
possibilities there. At least it would lay flat against the wall if
you hung it up for display.

John

I wonder if you would need to attach the binding with a nail gun, or
glue. Glue would be so hand quilty rather than machine quilty with the
nail gun. Authenticity is so important, when you are quilting.

John
Old June 27th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

You probably should go for authentic. Just watch where you are aiming
the nail gun if you use that. The news had another guy that had a nail
from a nail gun in his head last week. Yikes!
Taria

Old June 27th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

John wrote:

I wonder if you would need to attach the binding with a nail gun, or
glue. Glue would be so hand quilty rather than machine quilty with the
nail gun. Authenticity is so important, when you are quilting.

John

Every couple of months or so, there is one of those stories, on tv,
about some guy who "nails" himself. Along with graphic x-ray photos.
They give me the creaps.

John
Old June 27th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I made a small wooden crazy 'quilt', with favourite pieces of veneer,
when I decided that my marquetry days were over and I was committed to
P&Q. Had I known more about P&Q, I would have done as Sunny suggested
and I would have made a block or two.
However, it remains as the link between two passions.
..
In message
,
John writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 28th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

You could do both. I sew the binding on them hand sew it. So doing both
would be authentic.

--
Jane http://windigothreads.shutterfly.com

Old June 28th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

John wrote:

I wonder if you would need to attach the binding with a nail gun, or
glue. Glue would be so hand quilty rather than machine quilty with the
nail gun. Authenticity is so important, when you are quilting.

John

I should have turned off my Irony meter before posting. I also do
both. I was just tweaking the quilt police among us.

John
Old June 28th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Stunning! What a treasure.....both YOU and the cabinet!

--
"I like me how I am"
as said by my 3 year old grandson when asked

"John" wrote in message
: Here is a look at a new cabinet that I made out of leftover pieces of
: Cherry that I had from various projects. Measurements are; 12" wide x
: 18" deep x 24" tall. It is my entry into the Cutest Cabinet in the
: World Competition, Munchkin Division.:) I realized I had enough wood
: left over, from previous projects, to do something, that might make
: for an interesting piece of woodworking. Here is the result. It's
: purpose is as a rolling cabinet that can be positioned near various
: sewing machine areas to provide space to use for placing ancillary
: sewing notions during the sewing process. It is also made to house a
: spare sewing machine and thereby provide "ballast" to an otherwise
: tipsy design, that is tall and narrow. All Cherry with Poplar drawer
: sides and back.
:
: Enjoy,
:
: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635REaoub
:
: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635tVYjIb
:
: John

Old June 29th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On 28 Jun, 05:21, Patti wrote:
I made a small wooden crazy 'quilt', with favourite pieces of veneer,
when I decided that my marquetry days were over and I was committed to
P&Q. Had I known more about P&Q, I would have done as Sunny suggested
and I would have made a block or two.
However, it remains as the link between two passions.
.
In message
,
John writes

Wood Quilt. Hmm. Let me think about that. There are definite
possibilities there. At least it would lay flat against the wall if
you hung it up for display.

John

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

John, you seen have the work of Fraser Smith haven't you, he makes
wood quilts -and no, they don't lie flat on the wall grin.
Check this out http://www.gofraser.com/index10.htm

Cheers
Bronwyn
Old June 29th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On 29 Jun, 13:48, wrote:

[...]

Sorry John, typing problems! ".....you have seen the work of..."
Bronwyn
Old June 29th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jun 29, 7:40*am, wrote:
On 29 Jun, 13:48, wrote:

On 28 Jun, 05:21, Patti wrote:

[...]

Yes, somebody linked that guys work to this group some time ago. Very
interesting. I think I will stick with the fabric kind for now, but if
I get a notion, may delve into it in some fashion.

John

Finished Challenge Entry Sunny[_2_] Quilting 6 March 18th 08 02:05 PM
Mystery Fabric entry done!!! marbles_2 Quilting 3 July 16th 05 11:51 PM
OT - updating my directory entry? Johanna Gibson Quilting 2 October 25th 04 10:43 PM
Entry Door Insert Roger Jensen Glass 24 May 21st 04 11:10 PM
Entry door again? Roger Jensen Glass 21 May 15th 04 01:53 PM