OT - speaking of dogs

Old April 7th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default OT - speaking of dogs

Last week I was in Staples. The man in front of me in line had a small
dog, a maltese, in a dog stroller. I could hardly contain my laughter.
Will you please explain to me why it is necessary to bring your dog to
an office supply store, in a dog stroller? Does anyone besides me
think that's a little strange???

Patti

Old April 7th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Hi Patti,

My DD and I volunteer at PetsMart on Saturdays, helping with adoptions.
We see a lot of people with those strollers.

One woman told me that with the stroller, she could take her dog with
her in any store that didn't sell food and she liked being able to take the
dog everywhere.

I can kind of see it, but they don't make them big enough for my boys.
Lol. And Spike thinks that real dogs don't ride in strollers.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
oups.com...

Old April 7th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
katieW.

Patti -

My favorite is the lady that brings her bischon frise to the dog park,
and then takes it straight from the car, into the stroller, around the
dog path, and back into the car.

I asked her if the dog was quite old, and she replied, "No, she is
only 9 months old." I asked if she had hip problems, "Not at all!."
So, finally I had to ask right out, "Why do you keep her in the
stroller, instead of letting her run around the woods and play with
the other dogs.

She replied, "Oh, she doesn't like to run around or play."

WHAT 9 month old puppy DOESN'T like to play?

I keep trying to get her to let her out and play........

katie

Old April 7th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

That's pretty funny! And it seems, somehow, TOTALLY emasculating. *I*
would feel emasculated if I found myself in an office supply store with
my dog in a stroller! I can't imagine a guy doing it.

Old April 7th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Whoa.

Isn't that like the joke with the punchline, "Oh, he *can* walk... thank
goodness he doesn't HAVE to!"

It seems kind of cruel to keep a puppy from running around and playing,
and just imagine how neurotic that poor dog will grow up to be! Some
people!

On a similar note, around the city I see tons of parents with 3, 4, and
5 year olds in strollers. Even at the park, at the zoo, and in the
grocery store. Of course, these kids whine and suffer if they have to
walk... they have no muscle tone or endurance! What are people thinking?

Old April 8th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

There's a neurotic dog in the making! All that pent up energy and no where
to go!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com