Work won't let me wear earrings, not even studs :(

Old November 5th 05, 08:05 PM
Phoebe

Default Work won't let me wear earrings, not even studs :(

I got my ears pierced yesterday after work, and then it hit me... I couldn't
remember anyone else wearing anything, not even studs. This was after I had
it done, and paid for it. I went home and checked the company handbook,
(food plant) and sure enough, no jewellery except for medic alert bracelets.
So I get to enjoy them for three whole days

I wish I could just pull them out right before work, and stick them back in
right after, but three days (yay weekend) is just not long enough. I do get
a break every two to three hours, though, but I bet you guys are going to
say no, you can't even take them out for that long. It's worth a try, though
:P
There goes $20.... blah
Phoebe

Old November 5th 05, 09:19 PM
C Ryman

Well, you could just wear earrings on the weekends or after work. The holes
in your ears won't close up right away. I go weeks without wearing any.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old November 5th 05, 10:21 PM

I knew a gal who had a nose piercing and she had to wear a bandaid over
it to cover it. Don't know if that would work for newly pierced ears
though.

Cheryl

Old November 5th 05, 10:21 PM
Phoebe

"Phoebe" wrote in message
I got my ears pierced yesterday after work, and then it hit me... I couldn't
remember anyone else wearing anything, not even studs. This was after I had
it done, and paid for it. I went home and checked the company handbook,
(food plant) and sure enough, no jewellery except for medic alert bracelets.
So I get to enjoy them for three whole days

I wish I could just pull them out right before work, and stick them back in
right after, but three days (yay weekend) is just not long enough. I do get
a break every two to three hours, though, but I bet you guys are going to
say no, you can't even take them out for that long. It's worth a try, though
:P
There goes $20.... blah
Phoebe

I just got the piercing done, so I'm worried that it's far too early to do
that yet

Old November 5th 05, 11:07 PM
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Phoebe wrote:
I got my ears pierced yesterday after work, and then it hit me... I couldn't
remember anyone else wearing anything, not even studs. This was after Ihad
it done, and paid for it. I went home and checked the company handbook,
(food plant) and sure enough, no jewellery except for medic alert bracelets.
So I get to enjoy them for three whole days

I wish I could just pull them out right before work, and stick them back in
right after, but three days (yay weekend) is just not long enough. I doget
a break every two to three hours, though, but I bet you guys are going to
say no, you can't even take them out for that long. It's worth a try, though
:P
There goes $20.... blah
Phoebe

I think there are clear pastic studs/stuff that folks sometimes wear in
their piercings. perhaps try those and just hope no one complains.
(unless there is a safety reason you can't wear them).
Perhaps a different hairstyle would also help conceal them.

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Old November 6th 05, 01:49 AM
William Black

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
news
I think there are clear pastic studs/stuff that folks sometimes wear in
their piercings. perhaps try those and just hope no one complains.
(unless there is a safety reason you can't wear them).
------------------------

The clear plastic ones seem to be acceptable to the UK military for men so I
imagine there isn't a problem with them for safety reasons.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old November 6th 05, 03:46 AM
Dale Porter

"William Black" wrote in message

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
news
I think there are clear pastic studs/stuff that folks sometimes wear in
their piercings. perhaps try those and just hope no one complains.
(unless there is a safety reason you can't wear them).
------------------------

The clear plastic ones seem to be acceptable to the UK military for men so I
imagine there isn't a problem with them for safety reasons.

---------------------------

The OP mentioned the food prcessing industry. The risk is more than likely not a
safety issue for the wearer. More they pose a risk
of accidentally falling off and into the food processing equipment or worse
still, the food itself, to be served up in someone's
home.

--
Dale Porter

Old November 6th 05, 07:35 AM
Phoebe

"Dale Porter" wrote in message
[...]

The worst part is that I have to wear a balaclava AND a set of earmuffs for
hearing protection, AND I work in the shipping department, so there is no
contact with exposed food products

Old November 6th 05, 08:45 PM
Séimí mac Liam

"Phoebe" wrote in
:

The worst part is that I have to wear a balaclava AND a set of earmuffs
for hearing protection, AND I work in the shipping department, so there
is no contact with exposed food products

So how would anyone know if you have pierced earrings in your ears? I'd try
the least obtrusive earring I could find and arrange ro be alone when I
removed the balaclava. At least until my ears healed, then you can get by
with having no earrings in during the workday.

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve

Old November 6th 05, 09:37 PM
Marilee J. Layman

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 21:19:36 GMT, "C Ryman"
wrote:

Well, you could just wear earrings on the weekends or after work. The holes
in your ears won't close up right away. I go weeks without wearing any.

On the other hand, if I don't wear earrings for a couple of days, my
holes close up and I have to pop through the new skin.

--
Marilee J. Layman

Being OT on RCTN KCat Needlework 154 October 3rd 05 12:26 PM
Stitching - at work Mlle Ilvesvuori Needlework 13 April 12th 04 03:43 PM
OT ,, embroidering the background info of the work as part of the work Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 0 March 31st 04 06:17 PM
How To Make Ebay Work For You - for beadmakers Kandice Seeber Beads 63 February 22nd 04 05:45 PM