Where are we from?

Old October 22nd 04, 02:51 AM
Seaspray

Hi Chris,
Sorry, just noticed your post tonight. I did not get the pattern yet. Did
see it on ebay but now realized I would need to get the heads. Annies Attic
did not carry all of the heads for the different people. That is too bad,
really. So at this time I don't know what to do....
Diane
*************************
"Nunya" wrote in message
Wasn't it you that wanted that pattern and did you get it? I can get it

on
clearance down here, that's why I ask.
Chris

Old October 22nd 04, 04:21 AM
norma woods

Hi Els, when I moved to Toronto after graduation form high school I lived on
Chester at Danforth! Small world, eh?

--
Star love,
Norma
"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , mejane
wrote:

I live in Toronto, Canada and have done so for the past,
oh, 40-odd years. I'm in the opposite end of the city from
Darlene and we have met a couple of times.

de-stashing. Three years ago I moved into a house with
my brother and SIL and found I had a lot less space. After
a bit, the shear volume of yarn and fabric was driving me
crazy and I was lucky enough that Darlene came to the
rescue. She took bags of stuff from me, donated it around
and took what she did not want to Goodwill. I don't have a
car so she came over. I was so greatful. I still have a
lot of stuff but I just gained a new room in the house in
the attic - well, soon, and I am going to turn it into a
sewing, knitting machine, yarn, fabric room. I am so
looking forward to that because I find it so difficult to
work when I can't find my yarn and I can't find a flat
surface anyway to lay stuff out.

Jane in Toronto

Hello Jane in Toronto. Where in the West end do you live.....We lived for
over 38 years in Riverdale....Pape and Danforth.....the greek
neighbourhood. Even though it is wonderful to live on Vancouver Islands
in many many ways......I miss my old neighbourhood....Here I also rode me
bike around. I also miss the husstle and bustle of the big city, the
theaters, and concerts. Jean Lamonte and Tafel music in particular.

One cannot have everything.....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Old October 22nd 04, 07:30 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwww Thank you so much)))))

I am passing a big hug and a lovely smile to Nora

You are very welcome

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 22nd 04, 07:33 AM
Els van Dam

In article , mejane
wrote:

We bought a house on Dundas West, just east of Runnymede.
Before that, I lived for many years on Bloor Street, just
west of the Humber River.

I have never managed to get out as far west as Vancouver,
although I have thought of it now and then but I am not much
for traveling. I love Toronto but my brother has been
making noises about selling the house and moving outside of
the city. Hopefully not for many, many years.

Jane

Good old Toronto, enjoy. I am more familiar with the East end, but when I
came to
Toronto in 1957, my husband was staying with friends who lived on Pacific
Avenue, in the Highpark area.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 22nd 04, 07:35 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Jane all the names you mention , read like a novel in it`s self ....
my imagination is working ,, esp this Runny ...maid....:::

Old October 22nd 04, 07:35 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "norma woods"
wrote:

Hi Els, when I moved to Toronto after graduation form high school I lived on
Chester at Danforth! Small world, eh?

Yes it certainly is. When was that Norma....what year. Chester is a
subwaystop as well as a street I often cycled on the pass by the busy
Danforth avenue, it would take me to a laneway, connected by little
parkettes all along the North side of the Danforth right up to Pape
Avenue.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 22nd 04, 08:19 AM
handmaiden

So. California here. Transplanted from Texas and hoping to move to
Wyoming/Montana/Nebraska. No, I don't like cold, but it will give me more
excuses to crochet and quilt!
~handmaiden

--
handmaiden
"Gallagher" wrote in message
I've been posting for months and lurking even longer. We are such a

diverse
group! But I wonder...where are we all from?

I'm in the US, in Pennsylvania.

Abi

---

Old October 22nd 04, 01:09 PM
mejane

And you got me wondering. mede in old English - I think -
means meadow and as Runnymede runs north/south makes me
thank at one time there must have been a long meadow that
run down to the lake. it brings up images of children and
deer and bunnies out in an area that just a couple hundred
years ago would mainly have been new, wooded land. Our
country is still so new.

Jane in Toronto

Old October 22nd 04, 03:32 PM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:21:37 -0400, "norma woods"
wrote:

Hi Els, when I moved to Toronto after graduation form high school I lived on
Chester at Danforth! Small world, eh?

Gee Norma

It's a very small world because I lived at Donland's and O'Connor
before I was married.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten
Old October 22nd 04, 04:10 PM
NoraBalcer

Auntie O,

I take it that I should be on the lookout for something?

Hugs,

Nora