When to Walk away

Old January 19th 12, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default When to Walk away

Walking is good, outdoors in the fresh air. Then quilting something
different -there's always more than 1 project. Or a little retail
therapy (window shopping counts, right?)
Roberta in D

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:32:21 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Walking away is good. I was SO annoyed at the quilt I was making that I
folded it and its pattern away and put it in the living room. ( Nobody goes
in there hardly ever except for a weekly cleaning.)
I got out all my heirloom sewing stuff - silk batiste, French lace,
special ribbons and strange needles and feet - pintuck, gathering, twin
needle and wing needle which will wing right through your finger. BTDT.
The recess from quilting was good for me. To show for it I have two lovely
little gowns with matching diaper covers for my Hope Chest and a greatly
improved attitude.
Usually when quilting isn't going well, I simply go cook which is a good
thing. This time called for more. What do you do for an attitude
adjustment? Polly

Old January 19th 12, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

When I need to just walk away from a project, I take out my
frustrations on a closet or a dresser that hasn't been sorted out for
a while. When the "keep it" stuff is put back, the "toss" stuff in a
bag, and the "give it away" stuff in another bag, I feel like I can
take on anything, and either go back to the project or bake bread.
Old January 19th 12, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle1963

On 1/18/2012 9:32 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Walking away is good. I was SO annoyed at the quilt I was making that I
folded it and its pattern away and put it in the living room. ( Nobody
goes in there hardly ever except for a weekly cleaning.)
I got out all my heirloom sewing stuff - silk batiste, French lace,
special ribbons and strange needles and feet - pintuck, gathering, twin
needle and wing needle which will wing right through your finger. BTDT.
The recess from quilting was good for me. To show for it I have two
lovely little gowns with matching diaper covers for my Hope Chest and a
greatly improved attitude.
Usually when quilting isn't going well, I simply go cook which is a good
thing. This time called for more. What do you do for an attitude
adjustment? Polly

I put the project away until the urge to cut it up in little pieces
passes and turn my attention toward another project. It's the whole out
of sight out of mind trick.

Michelle in Wichita, KS (formerly of Nevada)