ping: sandy/ragmop

Old January 13th 12, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default ping: sandy/ragmop

We saw the news story about your Dr. Pepper bottling plant. I think that
place must have been near and dear to many of the locals there.
This stinks, I am boycotting Snapple.
I'm sorry. : (
Taria
Old January 14th 12, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default It's Dr.Pepper time!

Howdy!
As a true fan of Dr.Pepper, I'll keep sipping it.
Yes, as a company, D.P./Snapple just kinda' blew that deal;
could have kept the biz going down in Dublin (about 80 miles
south of Ft.Worth), there's enough business to share.
That little museum is fun; pay the small fee, take the tour,
get a bottle of old-fashioned, pure cane sugar Dr.Pepper
as you leave. http://www.dublindrpepper.com/
Thing is, I don't really care for that medicinal-tasting
D.P.. It's thick, strong, and kinda' strange.
But they were doing just fine, it's a great draw to that small
town; it's history, it worked - why screw with that?

In-laws lived in Stephenville, next door to Dublin, so we
often took the trip to get the old-fashioned bottles of D.P.
and root beer sold at the factory. The D.P. bottles are/were
newer, the root beer bottles are 30+ yrs old; we paid the
deposit & kept them all. ;-)
Also included in the trek was a stop at the quilt shop in
Stephenville, The Flying Needle; I have my priorities. g
http://www.theflyingneedle.net/

Never cared for Snapple, so they come fizzle away.
But the Dr.Pepper will continue to flow.

Cheers!
R/Sandy

Old January 15th 12, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

There was a family member on the newspot I saw crying
about the whole thing. It was really sad. I felt pretty
bad for them all.
That looks like a great quilt shop. I swing by M & L near
disneyland on my way to visit family. Makes the trip a lot
more fun !
Taria

Old January 16th 12, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

BUT, but, you know, it may come back. Part of the special childhood around
here was the Barq's root beer plant on the Gulf Coast and next door to a
crab meat packing plant.
They closed the original plant. Eventually opened another one. Your
favorite root beer may not be a big deal but it was such a favorite that UPS
and FedEx had quite a problem with mamas trying to ship a carton of glass
bottles to college students far and away.
The 'original' always had a whiff of crabmeat clinging about the bottle.
The new plant's bottles are absent that familiar combination. Our children
and grands expect this granny will have a few in the refrigerator for when
they come by. I guess I could dunk the bottles in a sack of crabmeat to
make them really real. Polly

Ping Sandy E/Ragmop Sandy Quilting 0 August 17th 09 03:57 AM
Ping Ragmop/Sandy Taria Quilting 5 July 5th 08 05:47 AM
Ragmop/SAndy would be horrified--I was monique Quilting 11 November 23rd 07 08:42 PM
Happy Birthday to Sandy/Ragmop taria Quilting 24 March 8th 05 12:02 AM
TO Ragmop/Sandy David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 15 June 3rd 04 08:20 PM