DiamondAura?

Old November 17th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default DiamondAura?

Hi:
I know nothing about diamonds but I saw an ad for these DiamondAura
synthetics which seem to be decently priced and I thought I'd buy some
as gifts. They seem to be only sold (under that name anyway) at
nextten.com. My question is, why do these seem to be lower priced than
other synthetics? Are they not really diamonds at all but some other
type of stone? Their marketing material is (perhaps deliberately) vague,
though claims like "The synthesis of natural molecules with a higher
atomic weight than diamonds" make me wary - either they're diamonds or
not. Are they cheaper because they're just lower quality/cut, or are
they just trying to sell cubic zirconium as a diamond?
Thanks,
Freud

Old November 18th 05, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

It's CZ, at least according to this newsletter:

http://www.jewelrynewsletter.com/currentnews.pdf

Bob

Old November 18th 05, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Freud wrote:
Hi:
I know nothing about diamonds but I saw an ad for these DiamondAura
synthetics which seem to be decently priced and I thought I'd buy some
as gifts. They seem to be only sold (under that name anyway) at
nextten.com. My question is, why do these seem to be lower priced than
other synthetics? Are they not really diamonds at all but some other
type of stone? Their marketing material is (perhaps deliberately) vague,
though claims like "The synthesis of natural molecules with a higher
atomic weight than diamonds" make me wary - either they're diamonds or
not. Are they cheaper because they're just lower quality/cut, or are
they just trying to sell cubic zirconium as a diamond?
Thanks,
Freud

It looks like these "DiamondAura" stones are not synthetics at all, but
rather imitations (simulations), which is a very different thing.

If you want to find out about real synthetic diamonds, read this
article, http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html

And go to these two sites of the two companies mentioned in that article.

http://www.apollodiamond.com/
http://www.gemesis.com/

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old November 19th 05, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

In article ,
says...
Freud wrote:
[...]

I had seen the Wired article, and looking at the prices for the real
synthetic diamonds they were talking about is what made me suspicious.
If it's CZ, as the newsletter Bob linked to indicates, then it all makes
sense.
Thanks,
Freud

Old November 19th 05, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Thanks! It seemed too good to be true, and I guess it is. That
newsletter seems interesting.
Freud

In article ,
says...