Mailing Tips

Old July 20th 04, 09:15 PM
Vedis

Default Mailing Tips

Hello all,

I need to mail some packages, and I would like to know what you all
use to get your beads where they need to go.

I haven't had too much luck sending by ground, packages tend to get
beat up that way.

I figured I thought I would ask all of you BEFORE I send it, as to
save me some headache.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Vedis
Old July 20th 04, 10:26 PM
Dr. Sooz

Vedis, we'd need more info. What country are you in, first? Where are you
sending to?
~~
Sooz
Old July 20th 04, 10:38 PM
Vedis

D'oh.

Sorry.

I am in IL, sending to...well....anywhere in the USA really. No
overseas shipping yet.

Thanks!

Vedis

Old July 21st 04, 12:45 AM
JoAnn Paules

Padded envelopes.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

Vedis, we'd need more info. What country are you in, first? Where are
you
sending to?
~~
Sooz

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 21st 04, 01:49 AM
Kalera Stratton

I use USPS wherever possible, generally First class for small packages
and Priority for large. I have VERY rarely had any problems at all.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old July 21st 04, 01:50 AM
Kalera Stratton

Oh, yes, definitely. For shipping small stuff, padded mailers are great.
Small boxes are wonderful too, and not really much more expensive.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Padded envelopes.

Old July 21st 04, 02:14 AM
Lara

I agree with those here. I have a padded envelope. I wrap my beads in more
bubble wrap, then put them in the envelope and the mail 1st class. I also
have some small boxes and have been known to do bead in box, box in
envelope.

Lara
"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Oh, yes, definitely. For shipping small stuff, padded mailers are great.
Small boxes are wonderful too, and not really much more expensive.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Padded envelopes.

Old July 21st 04, 02:25 AM
Kandice Seeber

Yep, that's how I ship beads. Delivery confirmation from the USPS makes
things easy to track, also, and is inexpensive.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I agree with those here. I have a padded envelope. I wrap my beads in more
bubble wrap, then put them in the envelope and the mail 1st class. I also
have some small boxes and have been known to do bead in box, box in
envelope.

Lara
"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Oh, yes, definitely. For shipping small stuff, padded mailers are great.
Small boxes are wonderful too, and not really much more expensive.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Padded envelopes.

Old July 21st 04, 05:00 AM
Marisa2

I prefer recieving in padded envelopes if it is possible. They can go
into my mailbox and therefore the mailman is more likely to leave my
package instead of a note to come pick it up during postoffice hours
which is difficult for me.

marisa2

Kalera Stratton wrote:

Oh, yes, definitely. For shipping small stuff, padded mailers are great.
Small boxes are wonderful too, and not really much more expensive.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

JoAnn Paules wrote:

Padded envelopes.

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

Old July 21st 04, 06:51 AM
Louis Cage

This is a "duh" kind of suggestion, but be sure and put an invoice or
something inside of the package so in case the address on the outside is
ruined or unreadable, the shipper can open the package and send it either
back to you or where it is supposed to go.
I worked for the post office for years and you would be surprised how many
things get sent to dead letter for that reason.
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Vedis" wrote in message
Hello all,

I need to mail some packages, and I would like to know what you all
use to get your beads where they need to go.

I haven't had too much luck sending by ground, packages tend to get
beat up that way.

I figured I thought I would ask all of you BEFORE I send it, as to
save me some headache.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Vedis

[Ganoksin] [Issue #103] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Beads 0 July 14th 04 01:41 AM
Product Review: Heavy Duty Clamshell Bead Tips Dr. Sooz Beads 3 April 20th 04 02:34 AM
Bead Tip Tips? Arondelle Beads 16 February 4th 04 07:14 AM
Sharing tips for beading roxan Beads 19 January 16th 04 10:43 PM
Subject: [Ganoksin] [October 2003] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Beads 0 September 30th 03 09:26 AM