NN S.E.X. and a search

Old August 5th 05, 12:22 AM
Joan E.

Default NN S.E.X. and a search

I was in Fargo yesterday afternoon to meet my best friend who now lives
in Montana. She was passing through so we got together. After she
left I, of course, just *had* to stop at NN! I also tried to go to
Shakespeare's Peddler but Theresa was out pout!.

Anyway, I wandered through the store for about an hour, checking out
patterns, etc. Didn't find *anything* that caught my fancy...HRMPH!
How could I go there and *not* buy something????? Until....I was about
ready to leave and was checking out the fabric area. My eyes spied
some of the Crossed Wing hand-painted fabric I've heard others talking
about here ( http://www.crossedwing.com/fabrics/index.html ). Saw some
pink/cream/green stuff (called "Fairy wing") that looked interesting.

Hmmmm, I thought, I wonder what Fairy Grandmother would look like on
that? So, I talked to the girls back in the office and one of them
printed up the floss list for me from Marilyn's site (how nice was
that? ). I gathered them all up and brought them over. Hmm. Not
quite right and not *quiiiite* long enough (22x22--the design's 19"
tall). However, there was a piece of "Sky" next to it. Pulled that
out, laid the floss on it and *wow*!!! it was incredible!

I didn't have to leave empty-handed after all! ))))

I now have an intensely renewed interest in starting Fairy Grandmother,
although I have 4 more Christmas towels to do first and an Indian Chief
head project my sister wanted me to look at to see if I could figure
out where she'd gotten off. Waaaah! I just *know* if I start her
those towels aren't going to get done in time!!!

The Christmas towels brings up the search portion of this message. Has
anyone seen/have a source for *green* (as in Christmas green) hand
towels (and preferably not the velour type) with the aida band in them?
I've checked our JoAnn's, Ben Franklin, Hancock Fabrics, Walmart,
Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and NN with no luck.

If I can't find a source for those, I'll have to try finding regular
green towels, cut them apart and sew a band into them, if I can find
green. And if I can't find *those* I'll have to give up on the idea.
So, anyone????

TIA,
Joan

Old August 5th 05, 12:30 AM
Karen C - California

Joan E. wrote:
If I can't find a source for those, I'll have to try finding regular
green towels, cut them apart and sew a band into them, if I can find
green. And if I can't find *those* I'll have to give up on the idea.
So, anyone????

TIA,
Joan

Don't cut them apart, just applique the banding onto them.

--
Karen C - California
Finished 7/30/05 - 50th anniversary sampler for my parents

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for aunt/uncle, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs at TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old August 5th 05, 01:01 AM
Joan E.

Karen C - California wrote:

Don't cut them apart, just applique the banding onto them.

DUH! Thanks, Karen! I probably *never* would have thought of that and
it's so obvious! muttermuttermutterwhatanidiotIammuttermutter

Joan

Old August 5th 05, 03:03 AM
Karen C - California

Joan E. wrote:

Karen C - California wrote:

Don't cut them apart, just applique the banding onto them.

DUH! Thanks, Karen! I probably *never* would have thought of that and
it's so obvious! muttermuttermutterwhatanidiotIammuttermutter

Joan

I came up with the notion when I couldn't find stitchable towels the
right color. I found real towels that almost perfectly matched my Aida,
so problem solved. Well, not really ... this occurred in the middle of
moving, and by the time I re-located the project bag, I was no longer in
contact with the intended recipient.