OT Dog Names

Old September 27th 04, 12:41 AM
Kellie J. Berger

Default OT Dog Names

so Mum's pastor was talking today about a man who had a dog named Moreover.
When asked where they got that name, he said it was after the dog in the
Bible...

King James
Luke 16:21

19 ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and
fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at
his gate, full of sores,

21 and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich
man's table: moreover the dog came and licked his sores.

-- kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber....net/my_photos

Old September 27th 04, 11:29 AM
Kate Dicey

Kellie J. Berger wrote:

so Mum's pastor was talking today about a man who had a dog named Moreover.
When asked where they got that name, he said it was after the dog in the
Bible...

King James
Luke 16:21

19 ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and
fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at
his gate, full of sores,

21 and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich
man's table: moreover the dog came and licked his sores.

Groan... But I do like it!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 27th 04, 02:50 PM
nana2b

There was a Peanuts comic about 20 years ago that I cut out and saved and
for our 25th anniversary I ordered a large copy and framed it for my DH. It
shows Snoopy on his dog house typing the Great American Novel. This is the
dialogue. "He traveled alot. She missed him so much. He bought her a dog
(a St.Bernhard) to keep her company. He named it Great Reluctance, so when
he left he could say, "He left her with great reluctance".........Last
Panel, She hit him with the frying pan!!!

My husband traveled so much during our marriage and I was left to raise the
kids alone much of the time. That comic strip still makes me smile and he
was so surprised that I still had that in my "gift compartment" in my head.

Linda

DMC colour names Addie Needlework 0 August 6th 03 05:46 PM
Domain Names - Small Needlework Shops Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 0 July 31st 03 02:48 PM
[ADVERT] Domain Names For Sale, Platinumring.net, Platinumring.org, Platinumrings.org Anthony Jewelry 2 July 6th 03 06:44 PM