forget this modern technology - on topic

Old May 12th 05, 05:29 PM
Queen of Squishies

Default forget this modern technology - on topic

I just spent over 2 hours experiencing alternate successes and failures
until I finally got 20 siggy blocks printed on muslin with my printer
without ruining the printer or the muslin, only to find out that all of them
are too close together and can't be used. Can't be used!! oh sigh........
Well, for those of you in the swap with me who were looking forward to the
fancy printed siggys, I'm afraid we're back to signing them all by hand now.
I'm done with printed fabric squares. But I tried. As usual, all my fancy
ideas end up taking 10 times longer than the old-fashioned way! LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Sail on Silver Girl......
sail on by - -
Your time has come.....
to shine - -
All your dreams are on their way.
..........See how they shine!.........
www.SimplyMusic.net

Old May 12th 05, 07:56 PM
Queen of Squishies

Yes, but I just don't have the heart to spend two more hours to re-print the
other half.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

John A. wrote:

Are they far enough apart to use half of them?

Old May 12th 05, 08:24 PM
AliceW

I feel your pain! BTDT.

Can you print your fancy siggy in reverse on your word processing
program?

If so, you can run transfer paper through your printer and print a
bunch of siggies.

Then cut to size and iron on. I do this for quilt labels and it comes
out quite nice.

Plus, you can create a table in Word, say for example, and print the
siggies in the middle of each cell. Makes it easier to cut and space
out.

Just a thought.

Alice

Old May 12th 05, 09:24 PM
Queen of Squishies

I might try that tomorrow. I think I have some of that paper leftover from
my failed t-shirt experiments. Does muslin work better than t-shirts?....?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
starting to hope again

Old May 13th 05, 03:17 PM
AliceW

Yes, it most certainly does! That's what I use for my lables. Good
luck! Just remember to print in reverse or you will have very
interesting siggy blocks to be sure!

Alice

Old May 14th 05, 07:24 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Karen-

Is there enough room between them to cut each one out and put a border
around each separate one to make it large enough to use? Or did I
misunderstand your sorrowful post? ;-)

Leslie and The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 14th 05, 01:17 PM
Queen of Squishies

No, you understood exactly. Thanks, and I will definitely do that SHOULD
this ever happen again! This time, however, my blocks have to look like
everyone else's. It's for a swap. But I did succeed the next day. I had
ink all over my hands, lots of muslin in the trash, and freezer paper all
over the room. But I do now have 20 siggy squares for the swap. : D
What my printer insisted on was me taping the leading edge of each sheet to
a pc. of card stock. Anything less stiff than that and it would just roll
up in the printer, go wonky....... I'll stop there. I don't want to
remember the bad parts! LOL

Old May 14th 05, 08:26 PM
DrQuilter

what printer do you have? I've had some jams, but your description
sounds like it was really painful, and it shouldn't be that difficult!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old May 14th 05, 09:14 PM
Queen of Squishies

I have HP Deskjet 895Cse. And I heartily agree, it shouldn't be that
difficult!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old May 14th 05, 10:58 PM
DrQuilter

mmmhh similar to ours (at least brandwise0 .... I think there is
something wrong with yours... did you check the HP site? I found this
interesting page:

http://www.usbman.com/Reviews/HP895Cse%20Review.htm:

The HP DeskJet 895Cse, Professional Series printer, is another color
inkjet printer from a long line of color inkjet printers. The 895Cse is
squarely aimed at the SOHO, (Small Office-Home Office) market. Until
very recently, the HP 895 series printer was Hewlett Packard’s,
top-of-the-line, USB, color inkjet.

Media Handling

The 895Cse is versatile enough to handle most business documents and a
lot more.

The HP 895Cse prints plain, inkjet, and photo paper; envelopes,
transparencies, labels, index cards, greeting cards, banner paper, and
iron-on transfers. The plastic guide at the left side of the IN tray
adjusts to accommodate printable stock up to 8 ˝” wide by 14” long

it shows a screen where you can select what you are printing in...
but you must have tried all this already, uh?

Not entirely off topic Louise Quilting 5 May 30th 04 02:07 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
AD:Happy Spring and don't forget to bead! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 3 May 5th 04 04:27 AM
AD:Happy Spring and don't forget to bead! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 May 4th 04 04:48 PM
AD:Happy Spring and don't forget to bead! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels General Crafting 0 May 4th 04 04:48 PM