One down, five to go...

Old May 7th 04, 01:38 PM
Ward

Thanks for the link. I did a fast scroll down the page and already like
some of what I see, especially the one on sewing for special occasions.
I'll do a more careful look later on today. I also have a scanner for my
computer. I'll have to see how the PDF files / figures come out. I think I
can manage to do a recognizable sketch if I have a figure to start with ...
and a really good eraser!

Liz

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 14:35:20 -0400, Ward wrote:
files later. I'm a new subscriber to Threads so I don't have that

issues.
Drawing a figure off the pattern is a really good hint. I'm going to

give

Taunton (Threads' publisher) also has some really good sewing books, some
of which are reprint collections of articles from early issues of Threads
and some are "new material"...

http://www.edwardrhamilton.com/subject2/sew.html is a good source for
inexpensive copies of many of the titles... just have to check back now
and then to see what's different. I don't see any of the article

collections
right now, but watch...

Kay

Old May 7th 04, 03:24 PM
mary folse

mY GOSH....THAT IS AWESOME. I am inspired. I will not let my daughter get
away with saying I cannot make her prom dress next year.......I have every
skill you "displayed" so beautifully in that photo gallery and I am so
pleased I actually understood every step. Wonderful, I am so thrilled to
be able to share with you guys again. I was temporarily off because of
computer troubles.....

Again....Awesome job!!!!!!!
Mary in Louisiana
"Viviane" wrote in message
u...
Well done! It looks fabulous. Getting the first one done is always the
hardest. The rest will be a breeze.

Please don't delete the previous pics unless space forces you to - they

are
a wonderful virtual sewing lesson for us.

Viviane

"BEI Design" wrote in message
http://home.comcast.net/~beidesign/wsb/index.html

Click "photos" and if you've been there before skip over the first
five pages or so. I know it's awkward, I'll delete the older pics
soon.

Yippeee!!!!

--
Beverly E. Ickes aka BEI Designs
http://home.comcast.net/~beidesign/wsb/index.html

Old May 7th 04, 08:38 PM

Great shots, Bev---I'm impressed with the quality of your photography.
Nice shots of the fine details. The Show is coming along beautifully. I
just don't know where you find time to answer all of these posts, in
addition to the sewing.
PS, do you sleep hanging upside-down on your sewing rack? insert
goofy face here
Cea

Old May 7th 04, 08:45 PM
BEI Design

Viviane wrote:
Well done! It looks fabulous. Getting the first one done is
always the hardest. The rest will be a breeze.

Well, actually the bridal gown is the _hardest_ and it's a
work-in-progress, but whenever there is a point at which I can't
proceed without a fitting or additional hand beading or something, I
work on one of the others. I'm headed out today to pick up the train
sections I had to have embroidered a second time with DD's initials
and wedding date, the first effort wasn't quite right.

Please don't delete the previous pics unless space forces you to -
they are a wonderful virtual sewing lesson for us.

I think I can put up pictures on one of my other screen names, and
then set up links, but I'll have to do some additional research to
find out how. I'm very close to the limit, I should have down-sized
some of the images. I do appreciate your kind words! :-)

--
Beverly
---to reply, delete no spam and .invalid---

Old May 7th 04, 08:48 PM
BEI Design

mary folse wrote:
mY GOSH....THAT IS AWESOME. I am inspired. I will not let my
daughter get away with saying I cannot make her prom dress next
year.......I have every skill you "displayed" so beautifully in
that photo gallery and I am so pleased I actually understood every
step. Wonderful, I am so thrilled to be able to share with you
guys again. I was temporarily off because of computer troubles.....

Again....Awesome job!!!!!!!

Thanks! I keep saying a wedding gown is just a pretty dress made with
more difficult fabrics. ;-} You should do well, just give "us" a
whistle if you need help.

Old May 7th 04, 11:33 PM
Liz Cork

"BEI Design" wrote in message
newsHRmc.47115$Ik.3378508@attbi_s53...
Viviane wrote:
[...]

The first weeding dress I made I approached with the "its the same as an
evening gown/prom dress" attitude and then (in the wee small hours) suddenly
realised that this was going to be the focus of many eyes, for a while,...
no pressure ;-)
Liz, who still makes, and alters wedding dresses, amongst other things.

---

Old May 8th 04, 12:18 AM
BEI Design

Liz Cork wrote:
The first weeding dress I made I approached with the "its the same
as an evening gown/prom dress" attitude and then (in the wee small
hours) suddenly realised that this was going to be the focus of
many eyes, for a while,... no pressure ;-)
Liz, who still makes, and alters wedding dresses, amongst other
things.

Well this is my fourth, counting my own, but I've also done _lots_ of
prom/bridesmaid/special occasion dresses. My comment was more to
comfort Mary. This is a labor of love, I am so glad my DD found this
great fella.