Why are my replies not going to the NG?

Old April 22nd 15, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman

Default Why are my replies not going to the NG?

....but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!
--
Whahoo!
Dreamweaver
Old April 22nd 15, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 22/04/15 17:45, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

click on follow-up and that posts to the newsgroup

Janner
France
Old April 22nd 15, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman

On 4/22/2015 10:47 AM, Janner wrote:
On 22/04/15 17:45, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

click on follow-up and that posts to the newsgroup

Janner
France

Ahhh! Thanks Janner!
--
Whahoo!
Dreamweaver
Old April 23rd 15, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

Hmmm... Mine defaults to newsgroup & fills in
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. What do you have in the "reply to" field
in your account settings? Mine is blank. But it seems that should only
matter for folks who are replying to one of your messages.

Julia in MN

Old April 23rd 15, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 23/04/2015 12:45, Julia in MN wrote:
On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

Hmmm... Mine defaults to newsgroup & fills in
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. What do you have in the "reply to" field
in your account settings? Mine is blank. But it seems that should only
matter for folks who are replying to one of your messages.

I had that in a previous version of Thunderbird, but it seems to have
reverted to "reply to ng" as being the default in my current version
(31.6.0).

Lizzy
--
Lizzy in State College, PA, USA
formerly Heywood, Lancs, UK
Old April 24th 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman

On 4/23/2015 11:45 AM, Julia in MN wrote:
On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

Hmmm... Mine defaults to newsgroup & fills in
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. What do you have in the "reply to" field
in your account settings? Mine is blank. But it seems that should only
matter for folks who are replying to one of your messages.

Julia in MN

Julia, I found out if I click on "followup" it [Thunderbird] replies
directly to the NG, but "reply" goes to the person's email.

--
Whahoo!
Dreamweaver
Old April 24th 15, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman

On 4/23/2015 12:13 PM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 23/04/2015 12:45, Julia in MN wrote:
On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

Hmmm... Mine defaults to newsgroup & fills in
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. What do you have in the "reply to" field
in your account settings? Mine is blank. But it seems that should only
matter for folks who are replying to one of your messages.

I had that in a previous version of Thunderbird, but it seems to have
reverted to "reply to ng" as being the default in my current version
(31.6.0).

Lizzy

Lizzy, is there a "next unread" button?

--
Whahoo!
Dreamweaver
Old April 24th 15, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 24/04/2015 10:58, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:

Lizzy, is there a "next unread" button?

Hi Jeri,

Yes there is, as I have it on my toolbar, but I don't think it is part
of the default button set. You can customise your toolbar buttons by
right clicking on the tool bar and selecting "Customize...". Then drag &
drop the buttons you want onto your toolbar.

Lizzy

Old April 24th 15, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 4/24/2015 10:55 AM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 24/04/2015 10:58, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:

Lizzy, is there a "next unread" button?

Hi Jeri,

Yes there is, as I have it on my toolbar, but I don't think it is part
of the default button set. You can customise your toolbar buttons by
right clicking on the tool bar and selecting "Customize...". Then drag &
drop the buttons you want onto your toolbar.

Lizzy

Or just use the "n" key...

Julia in MN
Old April 24th 15, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 4/24/2015 9:56 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
On 4/23/2015 11:45 AM, Julia in MN wrote:
On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no luck.
Argh!

Hmmm... Mine defaults to newsgroup & fills in
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. What do you have in the "reply to" field
in your account settings? Mine is blank. But it seems that should only
matter for folks who are replying to one of your messages.

Julia in MN

Julia, I found out if I click on "followup" it [Thunderbird] replies
directly to the NG, but "reply" goes to the person's email.

I don't have "Followup" on my toolbar and reply works fine. I'm on
Thunderbird release 31.6.0. Strange...

Julia in MN